AMS Turbo Inlet Tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like more people have them now..
Any consensus on whether or not to reinstall the spiral rings or not?

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like more people have them now..
Any consensus on whether or not to reinstall the spiral rings or not?

Just my personal experience, I installed the ams tubes, without the rings, with the stock intake, and S&b intake and it didn’t run right, lost a lot of low end, reinstalled the rings and the low end was back, upgraded to Cobb intake that has the two separate intake tubes and it runs better with those rings out, so with my truck, I would keep them in if you have the stock or any intake that combines the two to 1, if you run an intake that has two separate tubes like the Cobb you can leave them out

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my personal experience, I installed the ams tubes, without the rings, with the stock intake, and S&b intake and it didn’t run right, lost a lot of low end, reinstalled the rings and the low end was back, upgraded to Cobb intake that has the two separate intake tubes and it runs better with those rings out, so with my truck, I would keep them in if you have the stock or any intake that combines the two to 1, if you run an intake that has two separate tubes like the Cobb you can leave them out

Makes sense.. thanks for the heads up. Yea I have the AFE Dual tube intake, so Ill try without.
As long as tubes dont crush, like some others have.

Reaction score
Afternoon rayofsi. I noticed you are in NYC, I'm new to moding my truck. Do you know any shops with experience installing intercoolers in the city? Thanks in advance.

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Afternoon rayofsi. I noticed you are in NYC, I'm new to moding my truck. Do you know any shops with experience installing intercoolers in the city? Thanks in advance.

Do it yourself, it needs simple hand tools, if I were near you I'd do it for free.