Alternative Offroad No-Cut Hood Mount Light Brackets!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah i havent tried it yet but i can already see that will be a PITA.

I put the nut inside a wrench and held it with electrical tape on one side. Used a little extra tape so it overflowed a bit, and loosely held the two washers that came with my KC Slimlites.

I removed the lights from their bases, as it was a lot easier to work with just the base.

You really need to stuff the inside of the wheel wells with newspaper. TRUST ME on that one. Those are loose nut magnets.

I then carefully slipped the wrench holding the nut and two washers underneath the mount, aligned it visually and then screwed on the base. Patience is a virtue in a 90F garage, but it paid off...

:everything:

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take the SVT vent off and you can reach your hand through and under.

I laid down on the floor and was able to reach in with my fingers and feel my way around to push the nut and tool that fell out. Either way, the newspaper prevented three other "incidents"...

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like these mounts. Not a fan of the look. But certainly a useful location for a light source in hyperspot type beam I believe. What light would any of you reccomend as smallest profile, less intrusive, for that location? To me. The usual seems a bit of an eyesore to look at from the outside and may end up being a bit intruding to my line of sight at times from the inside.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the reason I picked the KC Slimlites. I'm not a fan of the little square Duallys. And tiny little lights on a big ol Raptor look goofy to me. But too big and it interferes with your line of sight. I think 7" is perfect, but too deep, and they'll interfere. So I picked the Slimlites and am happy with the compromise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 68

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told 7" is not small. I picked whelens because they are actually small like you are looking for and picked square because the round ones remind me of a flashing light on a construction barrier. But i definitely had some install issues with the pair

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And tiny little lights on a big ol Raptor look goofy to me.

I believe maybe yours are not an eyesore because your truck is black. It looks very good to me actually.

True. To me too. Which is why, for my white truck I was thinking on marine version hyperspot D2 sinve they are white and almost invisible when mounted. Or the new VisionX cubes with white backgroung that are a tad bigger.

the round ones remind me of a flashing light on a construction barrier.

Lol. Exactly my thougt haahha.