??? Alignment - Tires ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be right as this had a complete Facelift...see for yourself...pictures when I picked it up Jan 2013!
This red color was available only on the Gen 2 and then discontinued...
Was the facelift because of an accident? Who did facelift and why? Define facelift because I think that I have a different definition of it.

You got it brand new or just a few months after someone else did?

The ground looks fairly level and truck looks twisted.

Last edited:

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the facelift because of an accident? Who did facelift and why? Define facelift because I think that I have a different definition of it.

You got it brand new or just a few months after someone else did?

The ground looks fairly level and truck looks twisted.
Like @castine917 stated, from the front picture it looks like the drivers side is sitting lower than the pax side. I would get a tape measure out and check my gaps from the tires to the flares. Gen 1’s are known to have a slight lean, but the picture you posted makes it look like maybe the right front shock it on mid-perch. Have you had the shocks out at anytime? I understand if you don’t get that clock angle on that upper collar correct it can jack up the way it sits. Speaking of sitting, that’s some pretty low mileage on that 2013.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
There's your problem. Tell the alignment shop it's a Gen 1, not a Gen 2. That'll get you going straight down the road.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like @castine917 stated, from the front picture it looks like the drivers side is sitting lower than the pax side. I would get a tape measure out and check my gaps from the tires to the flares. Gen 1’s are known to have a slight lean, but the picture you posted makes it look like maybe the right front shock it on mid-perch. Have you had the shocks out at anytime? I understand if you don’t get that clock angle on that upper collar correct it can jack up the way it sits. Speaking of sitting, that’s some pretty low mileage on that 2013.
Thank you WINCHSTR96.
I picked up the truck the second day after delivery with only 9 miles on board. I am the only owner and driver. I checked the gap as you mentioned, the distance from tire to flares is identical on both sides. Sorry about the picture...my driveway may be tilted to the right slightly? Never had any problems with shocks ever. I will post pictures with Alignment numbers. Still - personally I do not think it's an alignment problem...

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's your problem. Tell the alignment shop it's a Gen 1, not a Gen 2. That'll get you going straight down the road.
I would say they will know this from the VIN# plus it's a specialized shop where I will have alignment done working on all kind of "different vehicles"...

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say they will know this from the VIN# plus it's a specialized shop where I will have alignment done working on all kind of "different vehicles"...
One thing to consider is that the alignment shop’s machine may be out of calibration. With everything stock and you know everything that has been done to the truck it’s just down to troubleshooting everything. You could always bust out the bubble protractor, lol ;)

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck was checked and they said "all is OK, you need only alignment".
Here are the pictures/information I mentioned before:

1. Alignment - Before/After
2. Front right tire showing the outside part of tire much more worn vs. the inner part. Tire is less about 5000 miles. Left side tire is great.

My question now is this (following this last alignment):
How will the right front tire wear after alignment being done? Do I have to turn the tire with the worn out side be in the inside? I am afraid that in about 2000 miles it will not pass inspection.

ANY and ALL suggestions will HELP !

Attachments

• Raptor Alignment-Oct22.pdf
    633.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Raptor-front-tire1-Oct22.jpg
    Raptor-front-tire1-Oct22.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 3
  • Raptor-front-tire2-Oct22.jpg
    Raptor-front-tire2-Oct22.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 3