Tire wear on 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Abnormal tire wear can be from alignment, improper PSI or worn out shocks.

Regardless to finding a solution to your tire wear, you are pretty close to the rebuild interval for the shocks "road use only". Given that you have done light off-roading, you are eating away at the 50k mile "road use only" interval. Mine were wasted by the time I hit 50k miles.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you have the shocks rebuilt and how much is it?

thanks
lots of places rebuild fox shocks I bet if you ask around, you’ll be able to find someone close to you. Some examples of better known places - forged offroad, angry pumpkin, rlt suspension, tsw offroad. Or you can just buy a new set. It’s not that much more expensive. Rockauto typically has OEM shocks in stock

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Describe the wear pattern please.

Because there is a known chunking issue on the Rap, and I don’t know if it’s inclusive of Jen Juan, but multiple Jen Too users have reported seeing

1) Inside tire wear far greater than outside. Due to the recommended 38 psi on the stock KO2’s
2) inside tire lugs or cleats feather the rear of the lug on every other lug. Yes, it’s not every lug, it’s every other inside lug of the tire. The onset is subtle and once it’s there, it’s tough to “wear” it out.

Your alignment can be factory perfect and still have the unusual wear pattern on the KO2’s as described - best I can articulate it in number 2 above.
This is exactly right, I had the issue on my first set of K02's - See issue number 2 and my alightment was a bit off, but corrected so i attributed it to that. I have a second set now I'm probably 25-30k into and guess what, perfect alignment and same issue.