After 1 year of ownership, likely no better vehicle.

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Forgiven, Nov 8, 2018.

1. NE Raptor

NE Raptor Member

Mine just clicked 1k miles - I was a GM guy for a very long time (still have LS powered cars). Last 3 trucks 04 Silverado SS, 09 Denali 6.2, 15 Denali 2500HD. I cant see myself ever wanting to own a different truck than another Raptor. I haven't had this much fun driving in a while. If it holds up then I will be in line for another when they redesign. It is fun to drive, extremely comfortable, and I like the 2 different personalities the truck has - depending on how you are driving it. I also like the add ons available....My only gripe is the B&O stereo leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. It would be nice to buy a $70k truck and not upgrade the sound system

2. Blusmbl

Blusmbl Full Access Member

Exactly. If I was filthy rich and could own any vehicles I wanted, my truck would stick around as the daily driver. I love it too much.

My last truck was a 2005 Ram 1500 that I bought new for $27k. I was really dreading the thought of spending close to $70k on the Raptor, but after 6 months I enjoy it as much or more than the day I brought it home. The novelty hasn't worn off. Would buy another again in a heartbeat and not give it a second thought.

3. vr4henry

vr4henry Full Access Member

15k on my '17. Can't think of anything better replace it...

4. vitaminR

vitaminR Full Access Member

Absolutely would drive it daily even if I had won the lottery - 17K on my 18 after 13 months. I will buy another in a few years as long as Ford keeps making them.

5. HSrider

HSrider Full Access Member

Have a 19 on order and really like seeing/hearing the things said in this thread so far

6. 1roadking

1roadking Full Access Member

I’m in love with mine. I had a vibration issue that was tire balance and took 3 trips to the shop for a fix, now it’s smooth as glass up to 90mph. The truck rides great on smooth and rough roads, tows like a champ, is way comfortable, has great audio and features and looks bad ass! My only other issue was a pin hole leak in a radiator line that caused a coolant odor. The mid range hit on this truck is intoxicating. I also own a 650HP ZL1 Camaro and it has not gotten much driving time since I bought the Raptor in July:)

7. zemuron99

zemuron99 Full Access Member

Man, I'm jealous of you guys racking up the miles. I only live about 7 miles from work, and they actively discourage commuting into the city (outrageous daily rates, no 'monthly rate' unless you were hired before 1990 (yeah, '90!) and a subsidized bus card). Only 5k on my 4/17 built, 2/18 purchased truck. But I agree, no better ride out there for me. Yeah, If I had won the lotto...maybe 7 - one for each day of the week :).

8. goblues38

goblues38 Member

It's a great TRUCK. Would not call it the greatest all around vehicle ever, but it checks many of those boxes. One has to make a few compromises to daily drive a Gen 2 Raptor. (parking in crowded lots being a big one).

I have always been a car guy. This is my first truck, and I am only 14 days into ownership. But so far, I have no regrets. Having 3 cars in the family, allows me to choose the right tool for the job if needed.

9. Trackar

Trackar Member

The one I test drove had a bad vibration too. Definitely needed a good wheel balance.

10. Sage

Sage FRF Addict

It will last.... 7 yrs on a gen 1 and I still feel that way.

Blusmbl likes this.