GEN 2 $90k for Shelby Baja Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LorenzoValla

Reaction score
My neighbor has one and it's pretty cool. Hard for me to justify the cost as others have said b/c the options are pretty widely available a la carte for much cheaper. But, if you want a package deal and no headaches it might make sense.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All good inputs. Getting a 2020 fully loaded is going to land around $70k these days in my area. That would get me 20k for mods but not warranty. The Shelby raptors appear to be covered with Ford warranty so that’s pretty decent... are the Shelby mods worth more or less than 20k is the question I guess...
Stumbled on this one today a 2020 for $59k sounds too good to be true...

https://www.fayettevilleautomall.com/vehicle-details/used-2020-ford-f-150-raptor-1FTFW1RG3LFC63986

OP
OP
Tr4ckD4ys

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to check into that. Pretty sure its only 3yr/36k for the powertrain warranty. You lose the 5yr/60k

The only mods worth a darn are the upgrades live shocks and whipple stage kit, the rest is garbage. If it was me and I purchased it, I would take most of it off and try and sell it and then purchase what I liked. That actually might not be a bad idea. First thing you will want to do is upgrade the leaf springs and remove the ridiculous 4” block
I hear ya... I think we might be confusing some things here though or I didn't do my research right. The 2019/2020 Shelby Raptors don't have a Whipple kit and do not have 4" blocks. They have the live-valve Fox racing series 3" on all for corners and a 1.5" perch collar in the front to level the truck. Leafs are the same as the stock Raptor on the Shelby. The only "significant" difference between stock and Shelby is the tires (7x KM2s - darn those are heavy - i'm worried about the mass) and the Shelby Intercooler, CAI and Tune. All in all, at 90k, the truck is almost on par in price with a new 2020 + those upgrades off the shelf (5-6k for suspension, 1k for tune, 800 for IC, 400 for intake, 2k for the rack, 4k for front & rear bumper, 2k for the lighting... not counting the tires)... It's a well rated, specialized dealer for all these Shelby, FTX, BlackOps, Roush et cetera vehicles... They take good care of you in terms of warranty, knowing well that that is not the rule.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All depends on what you want. Many opinions here. My 02 would be try and find a new 19 or 20 and ship it off like Hollywood did and do those mods. Killer build. Again though, it's all in what YOU want. Price on the Shelby??? Don't know if it is good or not. I have not researched them so couldn't help ya on that one.

Sam

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know much about the Shelby Raptors, so I can't comment on that. But I want to addresses a common theme. Consider these two options.

1. Buying a $90k vehicle that is built by a professional, you inspect everything before purchase, and you walk away with a warranty.
2. Buying a $70k vehicle and adding $20k in mods yourself.

Those two things are not equal. Option 2 values the discretion you get in choosing your mods ala carte, but places no value on your time, warranty, or the convenience of buying the truck as a package and having it to enjoy starting right now. Everyone has to decide which is the better option for them. And I'm sure it varies among different people. But it's not a no-brainer that he should go with a stock 2020 and spend money modding it, even if he can come out slightly ahead when you total the receipts.

D

Deleted member 12951

I hear ya... I think we might be confusing some things here though or I didn't do my research right. The 2019/2020 Shelby Raptors don't have a Whipple kit and do not have 4" blocks. They have the live-valve Fox racing series 3" on all for corners and a 1.5" perch collar in the front to level the truck. Leafs are the same as the stock Raptor on the Shelby. The only "significant" difference between stock and Shelby is the tires (7x KM2s - darn those are heavy - i'm worried about the mass) and the Shelby Intercooler, CAI and Tune. All in all, at 90k, the truck is almost on par in price with a new 2020 + those upgrades off the shelf (5-6k for suspension, 1k for tune, 800 for IC, 400 for intake, 2k for the rack, 4k for front & rear bumper, 2k for the lighting... not counting the tires)... It's a well rated, specialized dealer for all these Shelby, FTX, BlackOps, Roush et cetera vehicles... They take good care of you in terms of warranty, knowing well that that is not the rule.
Do your research better. The shocks are upgraded to the Fox 3.0 Live with finned reservoirs. With these shocks you do not need a perch collar because the shocks are adjustable. If you look at the bottom of the shock on the shaft, there is a dial that allows 3 modes that you turn manually depending on the terrain you are going to be on. A yes its a Whipple kit. Only thing Shelby does is change the logo on the CAI with their badge. The Whipple kit includes the Intercooler. And yes they do use the stock leaf springs but they replace the 2” block with a 4” block. And brake caliper covers instead of BBK, geez get rid of those. All I can tell you is: Research, research, research.

And yes the powertrain warranty is 3yr/36k. And after you do your research, you will find that Shelby doesn’t even build these trucks. They are built by Tuscany in Elkhart, Indiana. Yes Shelby did a great job on the GEN1 and their Mustangs but the Shelby GEN2 raptor is a complete joke. Just look at the crap that Tuscany puts out, the Tonka truck, [emoji23] [emoji23]

OP
OP
Tr4ckD4ys

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your research better. The shocks are upgraded to the Fox 3.0 Live with finned reservoirs. With these shocks you do not need a perch collar because the shocks are adjustable. If you look at the bottom of the shock on the shaft, there is a dial that allows 3 modes that you turn manually depending on the terrain you are going to be on. A yes its a Whipple kit. Only thing Shelby does is change the logo on the CAI with their badge. The Whipple kit includes the Intercooler. And yes they do use the stock leaf springs but they replace the 2” block with a 4” block. And brake caliper covers instead of BBK, geez get rid of those. All I can tell you is: Research, research, research.

And yes the powertrain warranty is 3yr/36k. And after you do your research, you will find that Shelby doesn’t even build these trucks. They are built by Tuscany in Elkhart, Indiana. Yes Shelby did a great job on the GEN1 and their Mustangs but the Shelby GEN2 raptor is a complete joke. Just look at the crap that Tuscany puts out, the Tonka truck, [emoji23] [emoji23]
Guess I did not do my research right then. Either way this is helpful insight. So you’d just take the 4” block out and put the 2” back in?