Raptor R vs. Shelby Baja Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HK92

Reaction score
How do you all think the Raptor R will affect the Shelby Baja Raptor?

The 2022 Shelby is retailing for around $124k with only 525 HP. The Raptor R's MSRP is $109k with 700 HP.

Aside from those you can't get their hands on a Raptor R due to the limited supply, who would opt for a Shelby over the R?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m a pretty big Shelby fan and I wouldn’t touch a Shelby Raptor if you marked it down by $40k, I’d rather have a regular Gen 3 for the same price. Shelby never made trucks, it’s not a real Shelby, it’s a sad, gaudy, marketing ploy.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Shelby Raptor isn't a market competitor really to the Raptor outside of people looking to just have the most expensive model. The Shelby is mostly just looks with a little extra performance while the R is built for performance in an understated fashion.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Shelby Raptor isn't a market competitor really to the Raptor outside of people looking to just have the most expensive model. The Shelby is mostly just looks with a little extra performance while the R is built for performance in an understated fashion.

Not sure I agree with the 'understated' part. They made sure that you can easily tell the R is not a regular Raptor when viewed from pretty much any angle, and all over the interior.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Most likely, the "Shelby" trash will be added to an R now, not a regular G3. And yes, some d-bag will buy it just because it is badged that way.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I agree with the 'understated' part. They made sure that you can easily tell the R is not a regular Raptor when viewed from pretty much any angle, and all over the interior.
There are only a few cues that a normal person would notice. Unless you know what to look for, you wouldn't be able to tell.