Stealth Black Raptor R initial thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice truck really like the way it looks and personality if it wasn’t your daily driver why buy it I’ll go anywhere just to drive mine I love it, it’s not just for weekends.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this a ppf thread or an MpG thread? Whats the general consensus?

Sick truck btw OP im jealous.

Judging by your 13 mpg in your 3.5 your style lends itself to lower mpg. I have about 16-17 on average. Ive gotten as high as 19 in the 3.5. Theres a time to rip and theres a time to relax and cruise. The raptor can go fast and violent but it can also cruise at 80 pin quiet and cushy…

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this a ppf thread or an MpG thread? Whats the general consensus?

Sick truck btw OP im jealous.

Judging by your 13 mpg in your 3.5 your style lends itself to lower mpg. I have about 16-17 on average. Ive gotten as high as 19 in the 3.5. Theres a time to rip and theres a time to relax and cruise. The raptor can go fast and violent but it can also cruise at 80 pin quiet and cushy…
I don’t know about you but anytime I’m going 80 my mpg plummets.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 17k miles now and I average about 10.1 mpg. 37x13.5 tires. I’ve just gotten used to getting 350 miles a tank.
Just filled up. I don’t know if I can get used to 200 miles less per tank. Do you get gas every 3 days?

IMG_5628.jpeg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just filled up. I don’t know if I can get used to 200 miles less per tank. Do you get gas every 3 days?

View attachment 445606
If you’re getting that on the 3.5 you will do better than 10 in the R if your habits don’t change.

Do you know what the mte is based on, whether it’s trip 1, 2, lifetime mpg, or last x number of miles, etc. Mine is usually closer to 450 unless I’m on a road trip.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re getting that on the 3.5 you will do better than 10 in the R if your habits don’t change.

Do you know what the mte is based on, whether it’s trip 1, 2, lifetime mpg, or last x number of miles, etc. Mine is usually closer to 450 unless I’m on a road trip.
I’m not sure. I average close to 16mpg. 15.7 or 15.8 I think.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Smiles per gallon fade though, or at least it did with my TRX
How much do you typically drive? I don’t drive a ton, and when I do it’s on road trips so not routine mileage.

I’m contemplating the switch too, everything in life is always a trade off.