Stealth Black Raptor R initial thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much do you typically drive? I don’t drive a ton, and when I do it’s on road trips so not routine mileage.

I’m contemplating the switch too, everything in life is always a trade off.
I don’t drive a ton either, but most weeks it’s more than 340 miles. I would find it annoying to get gas more than once a week.

OP
OP
R

Rezttu

Reaction score
Man I don’t know where anyone would get 18MPG on a R. Maybe going down hill lol. If you’re going to compare to 3.5 make sure you compare to 37s.

To answer the other question I have to fill up every other day; :/

CarbonFiber01

Reaction score
I’m just getting into an R today. I drive a TRX with 37’s daily, 200miles. I fill up everyday, average 11.25mpg and that’s 85mph on the highway.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I've learned about driving a select shift automatic in the ten years of driving my Gen 1 RaptoR to make it not feel so sluggish. In town where the speed limit is 40 or less I lock out the overdrive gears, in my case that is 5 and 6, for more spirited driving I add in tow/haulass mode. As the speed limits increase add in gears accordingly, on the interstate type highways I use all gears. This can increase gas mileage slightly but mostly it makes the truck more fun to drive.

Billy Mc

Reaction score
What I've learned about driving a select shift automatic in the ten years of driving my Gen 1 RaptoR to make it not feel so sluggish. In town where the speed limit is 40 or less I lock out the overdrive gears, in my case that is 5 and 6, for more spirited driving I add in tow/haulass mode. As the speed limits increase add in gears accordingly, on the interstate type highways I use all gears. This can increase gas mileage slightly but mostly it makes the truck more fun to drive.

That's what I do on my Gen 2. But I have a tune (Gearhead auto-octane) in mine too!

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baddest truck on the market. One of the baddest vehicles on the market. I don’t see it any different than a sports car that has low range. At least you get utility tacked on. Same range as higher end EVs too with none of the anxiety.

Neens

Reaction score
Waiting on my R, its going to black, no stickers and I'm having it wraped stalth. Also in my gen 2 I got 9-12 smilers per gallon. Yes I drove it like I stole it.