7.3 Godzilla 790hp NA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
oh really smarta$$? How bout the 6.4 Hemi? Ever heard of it? What’s the block made outta? (In both charger/challenger & truck duty)

How bout most (all?) GM ZZ big blocks....what’s the block made outta?

What about GMs also NEW 6.6 L8T gas engine for HD trucks, you got 3 guesses what the blocks made outta....

Crickets are loud this year.

now I’m surprised it is an AL block pushing that power & then a blower it’s gonna have to keep boost low, but isn’t really an issue when you got that kinda volume (blower included- said it was a 3L)

I’m editing while leaving the above- cuz ya couldn’t be more of an internet idiot- it is, in fact, an FE block construction according to ford authority- https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-motor-company-engines/ford-7-3l-godzilla-engine/

You meant FE as in iron? I thought you meant a Ford FE block. The FE engines are a big block Ford engine family. Which were killed off years ago.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford made a block designated FE. Nothing to do with the composition of the block. Fe iron versus aluminum. Maybe a misunderstanding?

What he said.

For such a hater of Ford V8s, B-**** doesn't seem to know shit about them historically.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You meant FE as in iron? I thought you meant a Ford FE block. The FE engines are a big block Ford engine family. Which were killed off years ago.

that explains it

you added a whole new level of complexity to this hahahahah

I was confused - that makes sense, yes I meant FE as iron, I’m a “metals” guy- make aluminum for the auto industry (like the heads, body sheet, tranny casing, & running boards on our rappies)

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What he said.

no- not what he said. The block for the “Godzilla” (maybe that name applies for the one in the vid but relax Ford) is iron, FE the element. Period.

they didnt “do away with them 40 years ago” despite the rumors hahahahaha hahahahaha

DC8931E5-830F-46C6-9F53-5365A3A272DD.png

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For someone that claims to have the most superior truck on the forum, I would have thought you would understand the word "modded".

Your post's are akin to reading the crawler at the bottom of the TV screen on CNN. You know what you're putting up is BS, but you cannot help it.

Never once made any inclination of that, the only posts that you keep referring to (like how long are we going to beat this horse?) was about a typical gen1 vs gen2 debate and if anything my posts were to put up the gloves against your precious gen2 and is "superior technology".

i find it interesting that you have to end every post with an insult. do you have anything else to say, maybe anything pertaining to the thread itself.

So now you’re claiming that an engine in 100% factory configuration with zero modifications is “modded”? You can’t really be this dumb...

the 3.5 HO is a modified version of a lesser output, previously engineered motor. and so yes i categorize a specifically tuned twin turbo motor designed to produce more power than originally intended to be considered a "modified engine" in the same sense that the 7.3 in the video link of this thread is. and so i would argue that it is an apples to apple comparison.

I feel there is some categorization difference between what is considered "stock" vs "factory" vs "production" though the words themselves can be interchangeable.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Never once made any inclination of that, the only posts that you keep referring to (like how long are we going to beat this horse?) was about a typical gen1 vs gen2 debate and if anything my posts were to put up the gloves against your precious gen2 and is "superior technology".

i find it interesting that you have to end every post with an insult. do you have anything else to say, maybe anything pertaining to the thread itself.

the 3.5 HO is a modified version of a lesser output, previously engineered motor. and so yes i categorize a specifically tuned twin turbo motor specifically designed to produce more power than originally intended to be considered a "modified engine" in the same sense that the 7.3 in the video link of this thread is. and so i would argue that it is an apples to apple comparison.

I feel there is some categorization difference between what is considered "stock" vs "factory" vs "production" though the words themselves can be interchangeable.
The 3.5 HO, is NOT MODDED, like the engines you keep comparing it to.
Just F'ing you up with some truth, no insults.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 3.5 HO, is NOT MODDED, like the engines you keep comparing it to.
Just F'ing you up with some truth, no insults.

so outside of a tune, and intercooler( which im not sure counts as "engine") what are the other mods available for the 3.5ho?
bigger turbos?..more advanced timing?...there isnt much you can do to them because its already been done. sure i will agree it comes from ford that way, but by all definition, engineering, sales pitch, and perf charts the 3.5ho is a modified ecoboost. and so this 7.3 is modified in the same way the 3.5ho is modified compared to the xlt ecoboost.

my only point in this is that the gen2 3.5ho motor is already at its 80% potential output (relative %) because it comes with most of the modifications needed to make a motor more than intended. its like saying a factory stroker motor isnt a stroker because it came that way. and that this 7.3 has much room for power gain from its original configuration.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the 3.5 HO is a modified version of a lesser output, previously engineered motor. and so yes i categorize a specifically tuned twin turbo motor designed to produce more power than originally intended to be considered a "modified engine" in the same sense that the 7.3 in the video link of this thread is. and so i would argue that it is an apples to apple comparison.

You can “categorize” all you want, you’re still wrong. The HO version was incorporated into the engineering of the Gen 2 3.5 from the start, which is why both debuted for the 2017 model year. The 3.5 HO was factory engineered for the power it provides, including meeting all Ford durability testing. It is not producing “more power than originally intended”. Even the compression ratio is lower to accommodate the additional boost. For someone so clueless and misinformed about EcoBoost and Gen 2 Raptors, you sure love to rant about them a lot.

I suppose you consider the 6.2 to be a “modded engine” since it makes 385HP in the Super Duty and 411HP in the Gen 1 Raptor? By your definition, it’s modded.

The fact that you consider aftermarket mods on the same level as factory engineering only reinforces how delusional you truly are.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can “categorize” all you want, you’re still wrong. The HO version was incorporated into the engineering of the Gen 2 3.5 from the start, which is why both debuted for the 2017 model year. The 3.5 HO was factory engineered for the power it provides, including meeting all Ford durability testing. It is not producing “more power than originally intended”. Even the compression ratio is lower to accommodate the additional boost. For someone so clueless and misinformed about EcoBoost and Gen 2 Raptors, you sure love to rant about them a lot.

I suppose you consider the 6.2 to be a “modded engine” since it makes 385HP in the Super Duty and 411HP in the Gen 1 Raptor? By your definition, it’s modded.

The fact that you consider aftermarket mods on the same level as factory engineering only reinforces how delusional you truly are.
sorry i forgot that my opinion does not conform to your service manual.

FIFY

"consider aftermarket mods BETTER than factory engineering. "