7.3 Godzilla 790hp NA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s pretty gnarly....& I’m not a Ford V8 guy, has FE block I assume?

FE block? Those were canned about 40 years ago. Oh, believe me- we KNOW you are not a Ford V8 guy. "LS is my Jesus" over there and all.

That is a clean sheet, brand new engine available in the current Superduties.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FE block? Those were canned about 40 years ago. Oh, believe me- we KNOW you are not a Ford V8 guy. "LS is my Jesus" over there and all.

That is a clean sheet, brand new engine available in the current Superduties.

oh really smarta$$? How bout the 6.4 Hemi? Ever heard of it? What’s the block made outta? (In both charger/challenger & truck duty)

How bout most (all?) GM ZZ big blocks....what’s the block made outta?

What about GMs also NEW 6.6 L8T gas engine for HD trucks, you got 3 guesses what the blocks made outta....

Crickets are loud this year.

now I’m surprised it is an AL block pushing that power & then a blower it’s gonna have to keep boost low, but isn’t really an issue when you got that kinda volume (blower included- said it was a 3L)

I’m editing while leaving the above- cuz ya couldn’t be more of an internet idiot- it is, in fact, an FE block construction according to ford authority- https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-motor-company-engines/ford-7-3l-godzilla-engine/

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The new Godzilla 7.3 is a clean sheet design; has nothing to do with the older generation of Ford V8s. Similar to how the Gen III Hemi and LS and newer engines are unrelated to their predecessors of the same name/size.

Regardless, the 7.3 is a cast iron HD truck engine first and foremost. It was never intended for light weight or high performance applications. Interesting and cool to see that some shops are modifying it for more power.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I swear I can remember an argument somewhere that said the 3.5 was better than any of the big motors...lol and then Godzilla came out...

All the tech of the twin turbo, muzzled by the roaring sound and power of the 7.3

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I swear I can remember an argument somewhere that said the 3.5 was better than any of the big motors...lol and then Godzilla came out...

All the tech of the twin turbo, muzzled by the roaring sound and power of the 7.3
And we all remember you comparing your modded truck to a stock truck. Same thing. It's modded.
Are you dense?