7.3 zilla in gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Gawd awful existing powerplant" tehehehe

Trucks badass
He loses all credibility with that statement. Let’s see his custom 7.3 swap win at Le Mans. Or even the Baja. :insane:

It’s typical of a show truck, it exists for nothing more than to draw attention. I didn’t see anything mentioning internal
engine upgrades that will reliability support 1000HP out of an engine designed for ~430.

The 10R140 is also massive overkill for an F-150; I also like that he said it’s out of a “full size truck” lol. Guy needs to get a clue, an F-150 is a full size. The powertrain is out of a class 2B HD truck. Which is exactly the opposite of what should be in a baja truck like the Raptor. He needed a transmission to bolt up to a 7.3 so that’s what they settled for.

What they ended up with is a vehicle that meets none of the criteria of a Raptor with it’s 800lb cast iron/aftermarket supercharged engine and a 350lb transmission designed to tow 40k lbs, not shift like a DCT.

Raptor R would humiliate this concept vehicle with a massive cost advantage and factory price warranty. It’s interesting but it has no purpose to exist.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He loses all credibility with that statement. Let’s see his custom 7.3 swap win at Le Mans. Or even the Baja. :insane:

It’s typical of a show truck, it exists for nothing more than to draw attention. I didn’t see anything mentioning internal
engine upgrades that will reliability support 1000HP out of an engine designed for ~430.

The 10R140 is also massive overkill for an F-150; I also like that he said it’s out of a “full size truck” lol. Guy needs to get a clue, an F-150 is a full size. The powertrain is out of a class 2B HD truck. Which is exactly the opposite of what should be in a baja truck like the Raptor. He needed a transmission to bolt up to a 7.3 so that’s what they settled for.

What they ended up with is a vehicle that meets none of the criteria of a Raptor with it’s 800lb cast iron/aftermarket supercharged engine and a 350lb transmission designed to tow 40k lbs, not shift like a DCT.

Raptor R would humiliate this concept vehicle with a massive cost advantage and factory price warranty. It’s interesting but it has no purpose to exist.
Why the hatred for V8's and cast iron?

Serioulsy wanting a discussion with this