6.2 rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! Hope it all comes together in the end.
Thanks. It'll work out. My insurance company is doing right by me I have no complaints. Gotta love Northwest Ohio. What kind of ******* buys a house with a basement in a swamp anyway? Oh wait...

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just got a $3,750 quote from my local dealer for just the swap. $4,824.64 was the quote for a remanufactured long block from the dealer. Kind of makes you wonder why there are such huge differences between dealers/shops. I would advise anyone in the same situation to get several itemized quotes from different shops/dealers.

You're actually right on point with what mine cost. I didn't get a reman though.
I still have my invoices...

Labor - $2418.90
Engine- $5629.23

Probably about $600 in additional fluids, gaskets, etc.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the dealer looking for a new motor as well. They have to contact the vendor and get back with me tomorrow. I also looked at Jenson motors but they do not have the 6.2 available. Still holding out hope that something with Livernois will work out.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the dealer looking for a new motor as well. They have to contact the vendor and get back with me tomorrow. I also looked at Jenson motors but they do not have the 6.2 available. Still holding out hope that something with Livernois will work out.

I saw this on CL;

Brand New Ford 6.2 SOHC SVT Raptor Engine - 0 Miles, Pre-Production $7500

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/5058434161.html

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was unable to make something work with Livernois as the difference in cost for a new motor from Ford was cheaper and thats what the insurance will pay for. Considered covering the difference but my house flooded same day so most of my cash is tied up there. Either way getting a new long block installed Monday. Be glad to have Blue back.

Reaction score
I saw this on CL;

Brand New Ford 6.2 SOHC SVT Raptor Engine - 0 Miles, Pre-Production $7500

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/5058434161.html

Hello, not trying to hijack thread. I also hydro locked my engine and try to get a new drop in engine. Just want to confirm all 6.2 L Raptor engines are SOHC? Looks like the Dealer is trying to get me DOHC engine. I have a 2011 model, 1FTFW1R67BFB30220 is my VIN for additional help form Forum dealers or anyone that knows how to check VIN's.