6.2 rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike.s

Reaction score
What about putting in a new engine instead of repairing? They won't do that?

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The amount they want for their cheapest performance motor is far in excess of what it will cost for a Ford long block. Unfortunately, I am not able to cover the sizable gap right now. Plus when I asked about that specifically the rep told me "no way". Guess I'll just get a new motor and call it good for now. Everything considered I'm pretty happy. Just wish we could have made something work.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

What about putting in a new engine instead of repairing? They won't do that?

If my biggest problem right now is just figuring out who will do the work I am pretty blessed. My heart sank when this all happened. Love this truck!

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you come to michigan I can do it, im a ford tech, done a few f250's and my own motor build

That's a pretty awesome offer. Thanks for that. Tomorrow the truck is being towed to a local shop. There is more work to be done than just the motor due to the accident. I really appreciate your offer though and if things go bad I may very well be in touch.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think my initial quote for just the engine swap was around $8k at a dealer.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my initial quote for just the engine swap was around $8k at a dealer.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Just got a $3,750 quote from my local dealer for just the swap. $4,824.64 was the quote for a remanufactured long block from the dealer. Kind of makes you wonder why there are such huge differences between dealers/shops. I would advise anyone in the same situation to get several itemized quotes from different shops/dealers.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM coming your way

Thanks for reaching out. Hopefully we can make something work. No matter what thanks for reaching out.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

You can always save up and throw a Whipple on that new engine after it's broken in some!

Just saying. :)

Sounds like a plan to me! Unfortunately, my house flooded the same day the damage happened to my truck. Looks like my cash will be tied up for a bit. That 6.6 from Livernois looks like a beast though!