6.2 Noise??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrz5072

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 with about 8K on it and the thing makes a ton of engine noise. To me it almost sounds like it has an exhaust leak. Is this normal from the 6.2 or could something be wrong? I'm hesitant to take it to the dealer because I can already hear the service writer telling me its normal.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 with about 8K on it and the thing makes a ton of engine noise. To me it almost sounds like it has an exhaust leak. Is this normal from the 6.2 or could something be wrong? I'm hesitant to take it to the dealer because I can already hear the service writer telling me its normal.

I have a 2012 with 12k it make no odd noises. If what you are hearing is different than another truck, take it in. Go to the dealer and have them start one for you to listen to...

OP
OP
J

jrz5072

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the valve train. It just seems loud in comparison to some other Fords, 5.0, 5.4, Ecoboost I've heard run. I don't have any other 6.2s to compare to so I may just be over thinking it.

It's made this noise since new, but I moved to Oklahoma City right after I bought it and its been so damn hot down here I've had the windows up for the last 3 months. I was pulling into the parking garage at work the other day with the windows down for the first time and it just seemed to make an excessive amount of noise under no load.

Truck runs great, other than the occasional bumble at idle, so I'm not overly concerned. I just figured I ask here first before I run around trying to get a dealer to look at it.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
maybe swing by a ford dealership and "testdrive" a 6.2 truck even if its a f250.

u should hear the valvetrain with headers lol. the manifolds keep alot of that sound in after i did my headers i am constantly like "was that an exhaust leak?" but thats just me being paranoid and i realize its my valvetrain and with the thinner steel u can hear it more.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 is a noisy motor. Random knocking on start ups. Cold motor ticking and noisy injectors. I have a high sensitivity to engine noise though. Both of my raptors exhibited these noises and I have heard it on others. All of my searching turns up with these being normal on the Ford 6.2.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck dose the same thing. I believe it is a manifold leak on drivers side. My truck sets code P013C for o2 sensor bank 2 sensor 2 slow response as well. The dealer refuses to acknowledge the noise, and wont fix my truck until i remove my cat back.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 has been at the dealer since Wed. Same ticking/flutter on acceleration. Louder than normal motor noise. My 2011 never did it, and the mech was nice enough to grab a new 2014 off the lot and drive around with me. That one didn't do it. We also drove in another mech's 2012. That one didn't do it. At first, we figured it was the plastic valve covers, but driving the new one disproved that. The mech called me yesterday and says he thinks its the injectors but doesn't understand why they are so loud. He has a call into the hotline. I'll let you know what they say.

bar