37" Tire Regrets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do agree with the braking, no doubt it feel less responsive. As for slowing the truck down, I was worried about that and was ready to look for an after market intake system to offset the loss of power. Quite honestly it doesn't really feel that noticeable to me when cruising around in sport mode. The 2017 Gen II is the first Raptor I've owned, so I can't say there's a large sample size (15) months. At any rate, truck still has plenty of pedal response for me...

Go test drive a 6.2 GM w/ tow gears or a f150 w/ the same HO 3.5 as raptor & come back w/ your findings lol

Bigger/heavier tires kill performance in every category- braking/acceleration/fuel economy & create significantly more stress/wear on driveline & suspension components. On my previous GMC Just adding 33” BFG K02s 275/60r20 sized (17 lbs heavier than stock crap wranglers) took a 1/2 second off my 0-60, mpg went down 1-1.5, & the truck would almost never go into “v4 mode” anymore. I swapped em out for P rated 275/60r20 nitto Terra grapplers that we’re only like 3-4 lbs heavier than stock.

Personally....35”s are plenty damn big for any truck, most regular 1/2 tons need like a 4” lift to properly accommodate 35”s to begin with!!! wouldn’t even consider 37”s on anything but a modded diesel.

Bradams

Reaction score
For better or for worse, not everyone is looking strictly at performance when engaging in after market activities. I see tons of trucks around my area with 4" or even bigger lift kits with 33's and 35's. Hate to say it cause guys are blowing serious coin to pimp out they're rigs, but most of they look awful IN MY OPINION. There's a very distinct and quite honestly unfortunate disproportionate result with anything less then 37's on trucks when they are lifted. The 37" tire is without question the solution for me anyway. It's gives my Raptor such an aggressive and pissed off look, I love it!! All I did was throw a 2.25 perch collar kit under the front to level it out. Must admit it feels awesome charging around town and all these Tundra, GM, Chevy, Dodge guys seem as though they have serious truck envy when pulling up near them. The look on their faces gives it away every single time...In the end my friend, I appreciate your feedback and say to each their own...
20190318_175145.jpg

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently running 37's on the truck strictly for looks. If I'm being honest, I'd go back to running 35's to enjoy the performance and true off roading capabilities of the truck.

View attachment 123232

I couldn't have said it better. I absolutely love the look of the 37s on my truck and would not go back. However, I do all my "hardcore" off-roading in my RZR. I'm running 37x13.50s and don't have any clearance issues on the road, but no doubt I'd probably rub with any hard compression of the front shocks.20190511_115758.jpg 20190513_170732.jpg

darryl865

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't have said it better. I absolutely love the look of the 37s on my truck and would not go back. However, I do all my "hardcore" off-roading in my RZR. I'm running 37x13.50s and don't have any clearance issues on the road, but no doubt I'd probably rub with any hard compression of the front shocks.View attachment 123327 View attachment 123328

The truck looks awesome! I'm running the same tire spec at 37x13.5. I rub on the inner fender when I'm doing a full U-turn on the street but thats about it. Haven't had a chance to take it off road yet with the current setup but I'd imagine that I wouldn't be able to go as hard without taking some of the fender with me. Overall, its tough to beat the look of how good the truck sits with 37's!