Recommended 37" AT Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

121x

Reaction score
Couldn't find another related thread on this particular question. If I missed it my apologies. If you can point me to it I will remove this one (if I can delete).

I will be moving forward with 37's. I am still undecided between 17/18 and 20's either will have 37" rubber. I personally like the appeal of more wheel, and the offroading I do, a 20" wheel is not a sacrifice of looks versus function, and I think the proporation of 20" with 37" is perfect (imo of course).

That said, I am looking for the softest tire, ideally a C load rating, or at the least a soft D. I okay with running them around 30psi cold.

Looking at another set of the KO2's, Toyo OpenCountry AT3's, Falken Wildpeak 3's or another similar tire. Not looking for an aggressive mud tire like a KM3, Ridge Grapler, etc.

Looking for something quiet on road with a softer compound that rides nice, something that takes expansions joints and road cracks nice. But something that has still an aggressive looking sidewall. Do not want Goodyear Duratracs.

Do any manufactures offer a 37 in C rating other than BFG's KO2 with with 17" wheel?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I ran Mickey Thompson Baja Boss on my 20s, and have Falken Wildpeak on my 17s. Liked the Mickey's more. The Wildpeak looks like an old man tire. Both in 37s.

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3 sets of tires
Set 1 is the Falken WP AT load range E 37x12.5 on a 20” wheel
Set 2 is a BFG KO2 load range E 37x 12.5 on a 20” wheel
These are on a TRX. Same tire spec but the Falken feels softer. Both were run at 37-38 PSI. BFG you seem to feel every little crack in the road

Set 3 is BFG KO2 37x 12.5 load range D on factory 17” beadlock capable stock “35”wheel. I don’t know that I could tell any difference between these as the factory 35” load range C tire. The 2 more inches probably helps offset the difference in load range. I’m not even sure what’s available in a 37x 12.5 AT tire in load C?

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the 37 PP which came with the BFG All Terrain KO2 37x12.5x17LT 116S Load Range C. I run them at 38PSI.

According to the press releases for Ford, these tires were specifically developed for the Gen 3
If you bought a 35, my frame and shocks/suspension tuning are different then yours so you might have a different experience then me with these tires

I am very happy with the on-road feel during road trips. Very smooth ride. These also handle gravel roads and the snow very well.