37" Tire Regrets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on doing the 37 BFG KO2's as well just waiting for my current OEM tires to wear out.

What do you guys do about the speedo being off? How would I get that adjusted?
I have an MPT tune and reportedly you can use the nGuage to recallibrate.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning to do the 37" KM3's when they come out (next month, last I heard)?
I looked at the KM3s, but they are a mud-terrain tire and will likely not last as long, be noisier, etc..., so I plan on sticking with the KO2s. In addition, the KM3 comes in the stock tire size, but I didn't see a 37" version that fits stock rims.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the offset would work with your UCAs.

No doubt. I wouldn't want the narrower stock offset anyway. Wider stance is safer with the raised center of gravity. Was just wishing I had the best of all worlds, forged, weightless, bead locks. Is that too much to ask?

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but how do you like you MPT tune? Pretty big difference? Are you worried about warranty?
I love the MPT tune and honestly have a hard time driving the truck anymore with the stock tune. It makes a very noticeable improvement in performance. I personally felt that their transmission programming was too aggressive for me and held gears a little longer than desired, but many others seem to like it; it is nowhere near as aggressive as Sport mode, but you still maintain higher RPMs than needed for normal driving. I have the 93PRX and 91 Tow tunes with stock transmission tuning and also a 93PRX and 91 Tow with the stock transmission callibrations except it does not skip 2nd and 4th gears.

As for warranty issues, everything about the tune seems very natural and runs very smooth, so I have no worries. In addition, I did an extensive internet search and honestly couldn't find anybody else reporting damage due to an MPT tune, so it is probably pretty safe. I simply return my truck back to stock before taking it to the dealership and they have never said a word.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the MPT tune and honestly have a hard time driving the truck anymore with the stock tune. It makes a very noticeable improvement in performance. I personally felt that their transmission programming was too aggressive for me and held gears a little longer than desired, but many others seem to like it; it is nowhere near as aggressive as Sport mode, but you still maintain higher RPMs than needed for normal driving. I have the 93PRX and 91 Tow tunes with stock transmission tuning and also a 93PRX and 91 Tow with the stock transmission callibrations except it does not skip 2nd and 4th gears.

As for warranty issues, everything about the tune seems very natural and runs very smooth, so I have no worries. In addition, I did an extensive internet search and honestly couldn't find anybody else reporting damage due to an MPT tune, so it is probably pretty safe. I simply return my truck back to stock before taking it to the dealership and they have never said a word.

Thanks for the info! It will probably be the tune I go with in the future. My truck is always on the shop for something, so I don't want to tune it quite yet until things are more stable haha

Bradams

Reaction score
not sure what size wheel you're wanting to use but the LT325/60R20 Nitto Ridge Grappler is just under 70lbs, 11lbs lighter than the 37". It's listed @ 35.35" while the 37" is listed at 36.77"

This is the Tire Apollo Optics is running & what I've considered if I go w/ the +3 Deavers

I just went next level with 37 inch Ridge Grapplers on 20 inch rims about a month ago and have been very happy. Yeah the ride is a little more like a truck, but not any louder then the KO2's. Anyway did end up keeping my spare since that space wasn't designed for a larger tire. Like others have mentioned, it would only be used for a short period of time. Leveled out my Gen II with a 2.25 RPG, nothing else...Tire.JPG

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37's bog the truck down.......period. I love it when people say otherwise. Not only the larger diameter, but the overall weight. Braking will also be less effective.

I've had 3 trucks in the past on 37's and 38's. All of them were 3/4 ton diesels. Every single one of them I had to re-gear and tune to make them tolerable.