New Tire Time, What's Good These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm still hunting. Between the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T, General Grabber X3 in 35x12.5 (Red Letter, I love the look), and the Falken Wildpeak. Probably go with the 35x12.5 in whatever I choose this time around.

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
Well I'm still hunting. Between the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T, General Grabber X3 in 35x12.5 (Red Letter, I love the look), and the Falken Wildpeak. Probably go with the 35x12.5 in whatever I choose this time around.
I had the M/Ts… feathered after about 8k, I rotate every 5, and we’re down to about nothing by 20k.. Threw on some Ridge grapplers, 50k and we’re still great, I almost couldn’t tell a difference. Tried the Falken on my Mohave Gladiator, ran good, had for 30k and noticed a bit more wear then my Ridge Grapplers at 60, but better then the others.. Just my experience

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking we need a ruling on bingo

If they update an old thread it means they are either searching before asking a question, or are updating an ongoing thread.

Behaviours that should be encouraged

Now if they start a new thread on tires... OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the M/Ts… feathered after about 8k, I rotate every 5, and we’re down to about nothing by 20k.. Threw on some Ridge grapplers, 50k and we’re still great, I almost couldn’t tell a difference. Tried the Falken on my Mohave Gladiator, ran good, had for 30k and noticed a bit more wear then my Ridge Grapplers at 60, but better then the others.. Just my experience
I hear good things all the time about the Grapplers but every time I see a set they look hideous. I don’t know what it is, maybe just too boxy and they look like Mexican off sets on our truck.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ive had good luck with Toyo M/Ts probably on my 4th or 5th set..

they have jumped significantly in price since 2019 from around $300 to $450 each though..

i like KO2s too, but id get 35s instead of 315s.. never really cared about the oem load rating..

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking we need a ruling on bingo

If they update an old thread it means they are either searching before asking a question, or are updating an ongoing thread.

Behaviours that should be encouraged

Now if they start a new thread on tires... OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!

Completely agree.

Unless the update/take the thread to the top comment is unwarranted and [mostly] retarded and obviously not searched.

I bingoed this one 'cuz it had not been bingoed already.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm rolling KO2's on both the '06 and the Rap.

Love the traction and ride on both. Only thing is, the Rap STILL Wants to roll those 37's with no issue. Neat party trick but expensive. Maybe the compound?

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had good luck with Toyo M/Ts probably on my 4th or 5th set..

they have jumped significantly in price since 2019 from around $300 to $450 each though..

i like KO2s too, but id get 35s instead of 315s.. never really cared about the oem load rating..
77lbs for those, you notice any power loss?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
77lbs for those, you notice any power loss?

the benefits outweigh the cons for me.. i did not notice a loss in power, but the fuel milage did not get better for sure..

they are really good off road, and i think they are great in snow/rain, and they seem to last if you rotate them.

knock on wood with all of the off highway driving ive done over the years never had a puncture.