37" Tire Regrets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bradams

Reaction score
There's sooooo many Raptors around my area now...Once it was special when you saw one around town, now it's just another face in the crowd. So it's either become the front runner to stand out, or your just another F150 in the Raptor pack. I chose to spend a minimal amount of coin to level out mine and get it set up with Fuel rims and Nitto Ridge Grappler tread.

darryl865

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 123358 I’m on 37” Mickey Thompson mtz p3 with method beadlocks 0deg offset. Geiser up front and deaver +3 out back. I’ve had to trim the inner wheel well. Waiting on a set of McNeil 2+2 fenders to arrive.

Looks so good! How much of the inner wheel well did you have to trim? Facing the same issue right now.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had Geiser and Deaver+3 springs installed, so I am now looking at 37" tires. Is there anybody out there that regretting jumping from a 35" tire to 37s? I am also closely looking at the weight of the 37" tires and worried about some highly rated tires (Nitto Ridge Grappler, Toyo Open Country RT) because they weigh about 10 pounds more than the KO2s. I have an MPT tune and would not consider myself a speed demon, but I also do not want the truck to start driving like stock again. The Goodyear Wrangler MT/R is less than two pounds heavier than the KO2s, so I am considering them, but not sure how well they will wear, sound, and perform for mostly street use. Thoughts?
To provide an update, I went with the 37" KO2s and an MPT tune and couldn't be happier. There was maybe a slight difference in performance without the tune, but I would say the difference was barely noticeable. The truck with the MPT tune is a beast compared to stock even with no updates to the transmission programming.