37" Tire Regrets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had Geiser and Deaver+3 springs installed, so I am now looking at 37" tires. Is there anybody out there that regretting jumping from a 35" tire to 37s? I am also closely looking at the weight of the 37" tires and worried about some highly rated tires (Nitto Ridge Grappler, Toyo Open Country RT) because they weigh about 10 pounds more than the KO2s. I have an MPT tune and would not consider myself a speed demon, but I also do not want the truck to start driving like stock again. The Goodyear Wrangler MT/R is less than two pounds heavier than the KO2s, so I am considering them, but not sure how well they will wear, sound, and perform for mostly street use. Thoughts?

just my 2 cents. i weighed my KO2 37s on methods to compare from original KOs on stock wheels and the weight difference was 10 lbs going to the KO2. not a huge difference, but I wouldn't want another 10 lbs on top of that with the toyo's. I drive a fair bit and the first 150 miles i put on the truck over the weekend i noticed the truck drove great since I put 37s on (time will tell if that continues but so far KO2s are great which ins't surprising). as far a wear on tires I'm loyal to the BFGs, my last KO2s had 60k miles on them when I traded my last truck in and had 9/32nds left on them.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just my 2 cents. i weighed my KO2 37s on methods to compare from original KOs on stock wheels and the weight difference was 10 lbs going to the KO2. not a huge difference, but I wouldn't want another 10 lbs on top of that with the toyo's. I drive a fair bit and the first 150 miles i put on the truck over the weekend i noticed the truck drove great since I put 37s on (time will tell if that continues but so far KO2s are great which ins't surprising). as far a wear on tires I'm loyal to the BFGs, my last KO2s had 60k miles on them when I traded my last truck in and had 9/32nds left on them.

I guess it also depends on what stock wheel you started with. The Gen 2 OEM forged bead lock capable wheel is not exactly light.

Which reminds me of my only regret... letting go of those stock wheels. I'm quite happy with my Method Roost, but did value the forged construction and bead lock capability.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it also depends on what stock wheel you started with. The Gen 2 OEM forged bead lock capable wheel is not exactly light.

Which reminds me of my only regret... letting go of those stock wheels. I'm quite happy with my Method Roost, but did value the forged construction and bead lock capability.

true! i should have said that the stock rims i had were the non bead locks lol. my bad.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true! i should have said that the stock rims i had were the non bead locks lol. my bad.
Unless I am talked into something diferent, I am going to move forward with the 37" KO2s on my Gen 2 stock non-beadlock wheels (standard wheels). I would consider buying some new rims, but I have got to stop spending money on this thing, and I am actually ok with the look of the stock wheels.

As for Jake17's post, I have the Geiser springs up front, so I should be good.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless I am talked into something diferent, I am going to move forward with the 37" KO2s on my Gen 2 stock non-beadlock wheels (standard wheels). I would consider buying some new rims, but I have got to stop spending money on this thing, and I am actually ok with the look of the stock wheels.

As for Jake17's post, I have the Geiser springs up front, so I should be good.

Go for it. Just know that even with Geisers some trimming will be required. I am not sure how much trimming will be required with OEM wheel offsets.

The only way to stop spending money on it is to sell it! :D

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on doing the 37 BFG KO2's as well just waiting for my current OEM tires to wear out.

What do you guys do about the speedo being off? How would I get that adjusted?

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on doing the 37 BFG KO2's as well just waiting for my current OEM tires to wear out.

What do you guys do about the speedo being off? How would I get that adjusted?

I used the Tomahawk programmer tool that came with my Whipple Stage 1 tune to recalibrate my speedo. It is also capable of changing the axle ratios.