37" Tire Regrets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless I am talked into something diferent, I am going to move forward with the 37" KO2s on my Gen 2 stock non-beadlock wheels (standard wheels). I would consider buying some new rims, but I have got to stop spending money on this thing, and I am actually ok with the look of the stock wheels.

As for Jake17's post, I have the Geiser springs up front, so I should be good.

Cant go wrong with KO2s lol

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you dump the spare it will more than make up for the weight gain from the 37’s.

Kind of, sort of, but not exactly. You’re trading the weight of the spare for increased rotational mass (detrimental to acceleration and braking performance) and un-sprung weight (detrimental to suspension performance and handling).

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning to do the 37" KM3's when they come out (next month, last I heard)?

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of, sort of, but not exactly. You’re trading the weight of the spare for increased rotational mass (detrimental to acceleration and braking performance) and un-sprung weight (detrimental to suspension performance and handling).
I'm happy to see you mention un-sprung weight! Braking may be the primary victim of the increase.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just had Geiser and Deaver+3 springs installed, so I am now looking at 37" tires. Is there anybody out there that regretting jumping from a 35" tire to 37s? I am also closely looking at the weight of the 37" tires and worried about some highly rated tires (Nitto Ridge Grappler, Toyo Open Country RT) because they weigh about 10 pounds more than the KO2s. I have an MPT tune and would not consider myself a speed demon, but I also do not want the truck to start driving like stock again. The Goodyear Wrangler MT/R is less than two pounds heavier than the KO2s, so I am considering them, but not sure how well they will wear, sound, and perform for mostly street use. Thoughts?

Another tire to consider is the Cooper ST Maxx. Just as good (if not better) than Toyo or Nitto, but not nearly as heavy. Only a few lbs per tire more than the K02s.

If you are driving seriously offroad, you're going to need fenders to properly fit 37s. And then you'll start breaking components as well, so it is not a cheap upgrade.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess it also depends on what stock wheel you started with. The Gen 2 OEM forged bead lock capable wheel is not exactly light.

Which reminds me of my only regret... letting go of those stock wheels. I'm quite happy with my Method Roost, but did value the forged construction and bead lock capability.

I don't think the offset would work with your UCAs.