2nd Gen Raptor Resale Value after TRX Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRFORDMAN

Reaction score
It took them 10 years to come up with a copycat Raptor and at the end of the day it's still just another stinking Dodge.

TXTransplant

Reaction score
Will pay off the Raptor in a few years and then look at a used TRX. I likem both and see no reason to not have both. No kids, no wife so why not. Only hiccup would be if I decided to pull the trigger on a V4R, miss my 1299 so much...

ItsAMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing how much the TRX is starting out at, I think the Raptor will be ok. But me personally I wouldn't be worried about the resale value of the Raptor or any other car/truck I have. When I get my Raptor, I will be keeping it until it doesn't run any more. Will I beat on it, most likely not. Will it see some field use, for sure. Will I take care of it and keep it nice, yes! If you take care of the things you buy and use, it will take care of you! Don't worry about the resale value of anything.
Best take I've seen.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The day of reckoning has come for the Gen II. I'm glad I sold mine a year ago back when values were stronger. Looking forward to see how Ford responds. If it's some hybrid V6 electric ***** stuff, Ram will revel in that. Someone who would choose something like that over a 6.2 supercharged engine would be the very definition of a fanboy.

I have really been trying to understand the line of thinking with with comments like these. The only thing that the V8 has over the TTV6 is the sound. Things do change when you add a supercharger, however, evolutionarily speaking, it is moving in the wrong direction. Remember when Formula 1 cars had a V8? They don't now. Formula 1 currently uses 1.6 liter turbocharged V6. The V8 is a thing of the past in that industry and likely will be in the Raptor segment that Dodge is trying to enter. Honestly, I like the way my gen 2 sounds and definitely how it performs. It is refined, like the current F1 cars. I drove my other F-150 5.4 V8 with Magnaflow catback last weekend and did enjoy the sound, but not enough to make me wish my Raptor had a V8 that performs at a lower level. Just my opinion.

AKS

Reaction score
I have really been trying to understand the line of thinking with with comments like these. The only thing that the V8 has over the TTV6 is the sound. Things do change when you add a supercharger, however, evolutionarily speaking, it is moving in the wrong direction. Remember when Formula 1 cars had a V8? They don't now. Formula 1 currently uses 1.6 liter turbocharged V6. The V8 is a thing of the past in that industry and likely will be in the Raptor segment that Dodge is trying to enter. Honestly, I like the way my gen 2 sounds and definitely how it performs. It is refined, like the current F1 cars. I drove my other F-150 5.4 V8 with Magnaflow catback last weekend and did enjoy the sound, but not enough to make me wish my Raptor had a V8 that performs at a lower level. Just my opinion.

very agree

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People are naturally resilient to change and sometimes have to be dragged or forced into it. I worked a job years ago that had the same schedule for a long time and the old timers didn’t wanted to change it. Eventually it was changed and after everyone settled in most of the naysayers agreed that it was better and that they should have done it years ago.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The day of reckoning has come for the Gen II. I'm glad I sold mine a year ago back when values were stronger. Looking forward to see how Ford responds. If it's some hybrid V6 electric ***** stuff, Ram will revel in that. Someone who would choose something like that over a 6.2 supercharged engine would be the very definition of a fanboy.
Wondering why you post here then since you are so glad you sold yours for a Ram.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Day of reckoning? Did Christ return as a Ram truck? Wow that’s a lot of focused energy on a useless post.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day of reckoning? Did Christ return as a Ram truck? Wow that’s a lot of focused energy on a useless post.

I think you quoted the wrong post... Help me understand what your post means if you didn't. "Day of reckoning" wasn't in it, nor did it imply such a thing. I think the F1 comparison is far from useless. Again, I will give you the benefit of quoting the wrong post.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
For craps and giggles I built one on Ramtrucks.com (you know, because I'm a "Troll") and when equipped very similar to my Raptor it came in at just shy of $90,000. I think the Raptor will stay safely in the garage for now.

TRX.jpg

Attachments

• TRX.pdf
    345.3 KB · Views: 1