2nd Gen Ford Raptor vs Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The TRX wins in my book and I do love it, my main issue will be reliability if the TRX could handle the way I drive and stand's the abuse the TRX will be my next truck.But on the other hand ill be waiting for the Gen3 too, for a fair comparison then pull the trigger on the winner.

I don't suppose that mileage is a concern for you. :) Plenty of petrol in that part of the world.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fuel Economy?
We just call that Smiles per Gallon! :biggrin:

He's in Dubai. It probably costs him pennies to fill up. I only care indirectly, as range is one of my big priorities. So would I buy a TRX if it had a 100 gallon tank? Probably not. It's too wide, it's too heavy, it's a crude brute force solution where elegant solutions are possible. But I would love to drive one for a day in a playground close to a gas station.

D

Deleted member 17706

He's in Dubai. It probably costs him pennies to fill up. I only care indirectly, as range is one of my big priorities. So would I buy a TRX if it had a 100 gallon tank? Probably not. It's too wide, it's too heavy, it's a crude brute force solution where elegant solutions are possible. But I would love to drive one for a day in a playground close to a gas station.

I really don’t understand why some of you keep complaining about fuel economy. What did you drive 10 years ago when every truck and suv got horrible gas mileage? The fuel economy for the TRX is essentially the same as to what the Gen 1 was but with a whole LOT more power. No Gen 1 owner ever had a problem getting from point A to B with its fuel range. You don’t buy a halo vehicle for $75k-90k and get concerned about fuel economy. I was paying $150 per fill up when I first got my Gen 1 back in 13/14 because of gas prices. If I thought the TRX was better than the Raptor, then I would buy one.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don’t understand why some of you keep complaining about fuel economy. What did you drive 10 years ago when every truck and suv got horrible gas mileage? The fuel economy for the TRX is essentially the same as to what the Gen 1 was but with a whole LOT more power. No Gen 1 owner ever had a problem getting from point A to B with its fuel range. You don’t buy a halo vehicle for $75k-90k and get concerned about fuel economy. I was paying $150 per fill up when I first got my Gen 1 back in 13/14 because of gas prices. If I thought the TRX was better than the Raptor, then I would buy one.

Well to address your first question...... I didnt drive a truck soooooo there's that

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I didn't buy a halo vehicle because it was a halo vehicle. Or because I thought it was cool looking. Or because I thought it was fast(it isn't on road). Or because it's expensive(it's not). I could give a shit about that stuff. I don't need a ***** prosthesis. I bought the factory stock pickup with a warranty that I thought would be the best off road and most comfortable on road. So far I've been very impressed with the Raptor. As to no Gen 1 owner ever having had a problem getting from point A to point B, talk to @zombiekiller about coasting downhill in neutral in Baja ...

D

Deleted member 17706

:)
I didn't buy a halo vehicle because it was a halo vehicle. Or because I thought it was cool looking. Or because I thought it was fast(it isn't on road). Or because it's expensive(it's not). I could give a shit about that stuff. I don't need a ***** prosthesis. I bought the factory stock pickup with a warranty that I thought would be the best off road and most comfortable on road.

I never said or even hinted at the idea that any of those reasons are why you bought a Raptor. So why are you rambling on about that stuff? Lol my point is that if you can afford a $75k-90k vehicle, then MPG really isn’t that big of a deal—you can make it a big deal and priority in your life if you so choose, but at the end of the day you can afford it.

I am not sure what your trying to say about @zombiekiller? That dude loves the Gen 1 and the 6.2l V8 :)

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never said or even hinted at the idea that any of those reasons are why you bought a Raptor. So why are you rambling on about that stuff? Lol my point is that if you can afford a $75k-90k vehicle, then MPG really isn’t that big of a deal—you can make it a big deal and priority in your life if you so choose, but at the end of the day you can afford it.

No, you made this statement:
I really don’t understand why some of you keep complaining about fuel economy...

I was trying to help you understand. It's not about the money. The TRX isn't that expensive. Gas is cheap. The only way money enters the equation is that if I bought a TRX, I'd pay more money for less capability. Capability as relates to how I use my truck, not how someone else uses theirs. Money is often used as a measure of value.

I am not sure what your trying to say about @zombiekiller? That dude loves the Gen 1 and the 6.2l V8 :)

You said this:
... No Gen 1 owner ever had a problem getting from point A to B with its fuel range...

I recalled just reading him saying that range is a real issue when using these trucks as designed. On the ground in Baja. Seems like that's relevant. Basically I'm calling out your BS. Now if you're saying that you don't care about mpgs or range, I won't argue with that. Putting others down because you can't understand why they care about something you don't is ignorant and arrogant. That's a bad combination, so hopefully it's just you not understanding another POV. :)