2024 Initial Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madhouse

Reaction score
Here's another initial thought on this truck, after coming from a 2018 Raptor.

Sport mode is 1,000 times better. I very rarely used Sport mode in the 2018, the shifts and holding of gears was clumsy and harsh. Sport mode in this new truck is amazing, so strong, so smooth, made me giggle and say "No f'ing way" out loud to myself.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sport mode is 1,000 times better. I very rarely used Sport mode in the 2018, the shifts and holding of gears was clumsy and harsh. Sport mode in this new truck is amazing, so strong, so smooth, made me giggle and say "No f'ing way" out loud to myself.
I agree… i had a 2019 before this 2024. Sport mode was fun but quirky and rough. Early on i thought i had transmission problems the way it would slam into gears and clunk periodically. The shifting was rough unless you were stomping it pretty good in it was running through the gears. The new is so much better and smoother. Nary a clunk… so smooth… it’s butter.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I actually use sport mode now nearly everyday for tight and tedious 70-0 hwy driving, different lanes going wildly different speeds, finding a hole in traffic....etc They toned down the sport mode in the 2023 vs my 2020, but made it shift better and just feels more sorted.

Madhouse

Reaction score

The B&O Unleashed is awesome. 8 volume on this new system is like 25 was on my old truck. Rock on!! :head3::head3::head3:

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a lot better than the gen 2s sound. You’ll find the limits of it, but it’s quite a bit better.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the 24s drive 10x better than the 23? Even the steering is different.
I don’t know if it’s just my truck but the transmission tuning has to be different in 24’s. This transmission is so smooth compared to my other Gen 3’s

OP
OP
RaptorMan703

RaptorMan703

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t notice a huge difference in shifting from ‘21 and the weird low speed clunking is still there once in awhile

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s just my truck but the transmission tuning has to be different in 24’s. This transmission is so smooth compared to my other Gen 3’s

My 2018 XLT 3.5L Ecoboost had the 10 speed and it shifted like a dump truck. Just terrible. It also skipped gears all the time.

The 24 Raptor 10 speed is like a completely different transmission. You can hardly notice the shifts and it never skips gears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oRoarke