2023 - R Button Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfreedom97

Reaction score
Braintrust…

My R button was working fine and today it stopped functioning altogether (2500 miles).

After some googling and YouTubing, I see one fix is to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery.

Is there any way to reset the computer to wake the R button back up without disconnecting the battery?

TIA

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there any way to reset the computer to wake the R button back up without disconnecting the battery?
Unless you’re a Forscan user then no. Disconnecting the battery won’t hurt anything so why not give it a shot? Go get’er done & report back.

jayspick

Reaction score
I am not a forescan user.... Was instructed by the dealer to try the battery disconnect first. It could also be a "bad R button"
My r button has stopped twice in the last week. If I change drive modes and then hit it, it works. Idk why. My truck also freaks out with car play and freezes the camera so..

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same, but then tried pushing the button twice which seemed to remedy the problem.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the number of people suddenly facing an issue, it makes me wonder if its related to an OTA update.