2023 - R Button Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I would try is just a key cycle. The time mine stopped at the next stop light turned truck off, cracked door to shut it down, truck back on and it was fine.

wharrell

Reaction score
Is there a permanent fix to this issue? New 2023 Ford F150 Raptor Build Date November 27 2023. Pressing the R Raptor My Mode button on the steering wheel does nothing.

I have had the issue now 3 times... A battery disconnect does fix it temporarily but it comes occurs again in several days.

With this issue being reported for about a year now, one would think Ford would have a fix. Does anyone know of one?

My dealer has checked my shocks wiring and all appears fine there and the servicing dealer is not familiar with the problem before my vehicle.

Should not keep having to disconnect the battery terminal to get the Raptor 'My Mode' feature to work.

wharrell

Reaction score
Does anyone have proof this may be related to low battery voltage. (as in low when the truck has set up for 8 hours overnight?). With all the reports in the forums on the issue it is surprising that my dealer says Ford has never heard of this issue and there are no technical bulletins to guide the local dealership on fixing the repetitively occurring issue.

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question on the R button. Say I’m driving and press the R button to go into my sport mode etc . While driving can you go back to your current settings by hitting the R button again or do you need to shut the truck off ?

wharrell

Reaction score
Quick question on the R button. Say I’m driving and press the R button to go into my sport mode etc . While driving can you go back to your current settings by hitting the R button again or do you need to shut the truck off ?
You will need to select the next mode
Manually while driving.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never had a issue before. Bought a 24 the other day and R button stopped working. I used forscan to reset the modules that i know control the R mode button. No reset fixed it untio u reset the GWM. So it appears (for now) that there is something in the GWM hanging up and causing it to not work. I'm looking into it.

wharrell

Reaction score
Never had an issue before. Bought a 24 the other day and R button stopped working. I used forscan to reset the modules that i know control the R mode button. No reset fixed it untio u reset the GWM. So it appears (for now) that there is something in the GWM hanging up and causing it to not work. I'm looking into it.
Thank you for your digging on this.

Can the FORScan Lite IPhone App reboot the GMW? I previously used FORScan Lite extensively on Super Dutys and need to find my adaptor to get it to work on a 2023 F150 Raptor