2019 Raptor stolen from dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tough call -- trying to decide between your lawyers advice and the advice that @911 Crazy gave you. Either one would be a good option...haha

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Think about your price of least regret. That's the price at which the regret you feel for missing a deal is equal to the regret you feel for paying the price and completing the deal. The point at which it becomes "flip a coin" in your head. Anything better than that, you go for. Worse than that, you walk.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen to your lawyer. Payout of your negative equity plus your legal fees should be in the range of a settlement. Of everyone involved, you are not the responsible party. Stop posting online until your lawyer figures it out for you. You’re making it worse at this point.

Loud390FE

Reaction score
Personally I would do what it takes to walk away from the deal. If you have to buy out your negative equity then do that. You don’t want to be dealing with this dealership long term. If it’s the dealership I think it is, I’ve also had a minor negative experience, but didn’t lose any money.

do what it takes to get out of there and buy a different truck somewhere.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I am definitely interested in the outcome. This could have been a mini series.

Days of our Trucks

Apparently buying me out is not an option as there’s negative equity attached to the deal. However they sold my trade in so I cant get it back. If I choose that route( walking away from deal ), they want me to buy out the negative equity in cash.

Did you cut the tongue out of the vermin uttering these words of Satan? Immediately upon hearing the words of The Beast, you must destroy them. Just sayin’.

option 2:

I get my shipping charges back

2500 ( if I suck it up on the paint job )
500 for the cracked windshield

so a cheque for 4500$ and they cut me loose and throw a lawsuit on the shipper to recover this.

LOLWUT?

Is he crazy? No, seriously... is he crazy? Windshield is 700 bucks down here. 2500 for the paint... and 1500 for... choosing a criminal to abscond with your truck, joyride over a tank of gas and then decide he doesn’t want to deliver it...

Can any of y’all from the Negan gang chime in and come up with a fair counter offer. Maybe some advice ( ammunition for tomorrow’s final phone call )?

The money offered doesn’t even cover the damage, much less an inspection by an independent mechanic to determine if there may have been powertrain, suspension or other unseen damage. Raptors are tough, but not invincible.

You should stop asking advice from strangers on the internet and talk to a lawyer tonight and not sign anything or take any deal until you do

I know what my younger self would have said and done, because, well, I said and did it.

Rather than a money offer, I would counter
  • repairs to my satisfaction at a shop of your choosing, any part replacements will be OEM, nothing less.
  • A profound and contrite apology.
  • Severed hands of the transport goon, I’d want something to hang from the mirror.
  • Inspection of the vehicle, including a test drive by a Ford stealership service department. Any identified deficiencies addressed.

lol I see why you’re the talk of the forum....

anyways everyone that’s recommending attorney’s I already talked to my attorney. I’m not going to post what he said until I’m done with this deal as I’m pretty sure the dealer is watching this forum post as I’ve sent it to them.

He’s cuckoo for cocoa puffs alright, but he’s our nut-job.

Others have said, and they’re right, let your lawyer speak for you here. I don’t think the offer you represented here is sufficient and of course the stealership won’t want to cough up cash - who does? Nevertheless, this isn’t your fault, you shouldn’t be paying for $HIT.

It sounds like they’re willing to at least try, so be willing to accept their help to the extent that it satisfies your needs.

I will have to meditate on the insult to you about ‘buying out your negative equity’. Insults carry a need for penance and this sinner has some atonement coming their way.

Owen Grady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id point my lawyer in their direction and tell them to eat my negative equity. You paid around $2k for shipping theres about half your negative equity. Diminished value on this truck will be close to $7k (guess) considering its going on a carfax and you'll most likely have a branded title probably more. Tell them to eat a duck.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where I’m from, there is a law entitled ‘unlawful use of an animal, aircraft, vehicle or boat’. it covers a wide variety of situations that include snatching farm animals to joyriding in cars. it’s a felony and the courts have interpreted it pretty broadly such as having the car without the owner’s permission which typically gives the owner a thumbs up / thumbs down on whether the vehicle possessor goes free, or goes to prison.

I got charged under that law once. In court, I told them that the sheep was asking for it and was dressed really slutty, but I was still found guilty for my weekend of fun and love.

OP, my heart goes out to you, what a freaking mess when all you wanted was a nice truck!!

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got charged under that law once. In court, I told them that the sheep was asking for it and was dressed really slutty, but I was still found guilty for my weekend of fun and love.

OP, my heart goes out to you, what a freaking mess when all you wanted was a nice truck!!

Ya, those fluffy sheep with the long eye lashes can be quite enticing. Somehow I thought you were more attracted to cows.