2019 Raptor stolen from dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeTSI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading through all the trials and tribulations you have encountered, you have to ask yourself what they did during those 800 additional clicks put on the truck? Was it hammer down, banging off the rev limiter action (most likely), and generally *****? Is it worth not knowing what they caused long term to the vehicle? At this point, I'd forget the truck, tell them your attorney will handle/negotiate your way out of this mess, and move on. $5000 is a trivial sum when compared to the damage to their image this could do if disclosed to the media or Canada's version of the Better Business Bureau.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been checking in on this from time to time.

my two cents echoes others, the extra mileage, the off road joy ride etc. Run brother, Run! I would never be able to trust it even if the dealer "fixes" everything. I think even if you have to end up eating a bit of $$$ in the end, it will be the better decision.

If you walk, and they don't make you ...what's the word... if they don't make it right, how much are you out? Edit: I see you stated about $5000.

Well, it might just be worth eating, but I get that's a pile of shit that won't taste good.

Last edited:

Jackie

Reaction score
I'd back up and reimagine if this offer was the initial offer: We have a Raptor, it's got x miles on it, x damage, x amount of unknown, we'll make the the following financial adjustments, you interested?

Just because you are here now, doesn't mean you should continue on with this shit show. But for entertainment purposes, I'm actually hoping for a few more chapters ;)

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What a shitshow. Seems to me the truck you bought was not what was delivered. Refuse delivery tell the dealer to eat a bag of *****. The least they can do is eat your negative equity.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell them to take the check for $4500 for the damage and post it to your negative equity...and then get bent. No way I'd take that truck. God knows what happened to it while the shipper had it. If the thing had shown up in pristine condition with 2 more miles on it, ok fine take it but still make them cover the shipping etc. But like that? Hell no. Tell them to get bent, unwind the deal, pay off your equity and deal with the shipper themselves.

Or, do as I like to do, stick your attorney firmly up their ass. Everyone has an attitude until they get served.

metaphysician

Reaction score
I'd back up and reimagine if this offer was the initial offer: We have a Raptor, it's got x miles on it, x damage, x amount of unknown, we'll make the the following financial adjustments, you interested?

Just because you are here now, doesn't mean you should continue on with this shit show. But for entertainment purposes, I'm actually hoping for a few more chapters ;)

Completely agree with this line of thinking. You may be emotionally invested in this particular truck, especially now that it's back. But all that means is you're starting a new journey (repairs) with the same dealer that got you in this mess in the first place. They may drag their feet on the repairs or not do it to your standard. They're not a Ford dealer either, so they have to pawn this off to a body shop. More time without the truck while you're paying the loan...

I would push for them to buy you of your negative equity for your troubles and walk away from this truck. Find a new truck and fly or rent a car one-way to get it in person and drive it home next time.