2019 Raptor stolen from dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
Negotiate for the Dealer to cover at least half the negative equity, existing rental car costs, and one month rental car costs while you shop for what you will buy. The bad taste in your mouth and question about anything that could go wrong in the future way to much worry for a $60k++ Vehicle.

gstahl

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
S

So everyone...... here’s what happened today: Apparently buying me out is not an option as there’s negative equity attached to the deal. However they sold my trade in so I cant get it back. If I choose that route( walking away from deal ), they want me to buy out the negative equity in cash.

option 2:

I get my shipping charges back

2500 ( if I suck it up on the paint job )
500 for the cracked windshield

so a cheque for 4500$ and they cut me loose and throw a lawsuit on the shipper to recover this.

So far damage from shipper includes:

side mirror scuff
Tailgate scuffs
Tailgate opplique scuffs
Cracked windshield
800km joyride and whatever that entails

Can any of y’all from the Negan gang chime in and come up with a fair counter offer. Maybe some advice ( ammunition for tomorrow’s final phone call )?

ideally I’d like to walk away and they pay out my negative equity which is around 5000$.

so they’re basically trying to pay me to shut up about the damage. I’m pretty sure the 1000’s of rock chips on this truck were there prior and they just didn’t want to disclose to me that they were on the truck. Unfortunately I can’t even 3M the truck because of the amount of Rock chips on the vehicle.

How about like ignore all their stupid options and have them either fully buy you out or completely fix the truck and give you money on the mileage? Those are the ONLY options I would accept... or see them in court, where they lose.

I would not give a rats ass if they lose money they pick some shady ass shipper (their own risk) and now want you to pick up the cost of that risk.

Edit- or.... listen to your lawyer like everyone else said. Dude, my lawyer is in my speed dial, everyone got to have one!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ScrewIt

Reaction score
Decided to end the night with some light reading and clicked on your thread, and holy shit was I not expecting to go on this wild ride.

I got nothing useful to add except this situation truly sucks balls and I'm sorry it happened to you, although I'm glad you shared your experience so the rest of us don't get complacent buying cars sight unseen and having them shipped. Best of luck to you

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the damage you are pointing out wasn't there, and I am assuming it wasn't, the joy ride seems to have been pretty rough. That would haunt me until the truck proved itself to be undamaged.
It would have to be repaired and gone over by someone you trust, that knows what they are doing to even get me to consider keeping it.

You have a tough decision, and I feel for you.

Nothing like having the excitement and joy sucked right out of a purchase like this. :(

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't blame if you want to walk on the deal over the sour taste BUT on the flip side...if you wanted to keep it...

It's an off road truck, and while it sucks that someone got to take it off road before you did....it came out looking that good which means there wasn't much to his joy ride that was probably just splashing through some puddles. The fact that this fabled Raptor even made it home to you means it was destined to be yours :)

The dealer needs to take some responsibility here and make good with you on some things. But I would personally not be concerned with whatever fun they had with your truck - as much as it sucks that they did. It is more a violation thing than it is cause for long term concern. Full recon on the truck with extended bumper to bumper warranty and service - which should be nothing for a major dealer to agree to. This restores any concern you had about damage done as the dealer should have your back on this crazy deal. Drive the wheels off it every day like most of us do and then trade it in later on down the road for a brand new one!

The other question is what is the shipper saying about the delayed time and miles put on? The legal action taken against them should cover any and all damages here for you and the dealer.