2019 Raptor stolen from dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hahaha, I told the dealer I have brain damage from the deal today. Just on a customer service basis, and the fact that I took a lawyer to the dealer here in Winnipeg to look at the truck with me has their eyes rolling.

I told them to just make it right by giving me what it would cost them to repaint the truck , change the applique, polish lights, cut and polish truck, and replace windshield. I asked for 8k, or to just cut me off the deal and let me walk. Manager said he could probably allow option 2.

just the fact the km are different , I have a horrible taste in my mouth, the amount of scratches/chips and this whole shipping dilemma makes me want to walk.

I’ll keep everyone interested if you’re all still wanting to be kept in the loop on a final outcome.
Keep us posted bro, whether you keep it or not. This will be a valuable lesson for others to learn from, some shady people/companies out there.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, you should be paying the dealer, the royalties off of the movie deal you're going to get will be in the millions. You will need to pay the dealer something for their contribution to this story, but the shipper gets nothing!

And he's from The Peg!

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
S
Keep us posted bro, whether you keep it or not. This will be a valuable lesson for others to learn from, some shady people/companies out there.

So everyone...... here’s what happened today: Apparently buying me out is not an option as there’s negative equity attached to the deal. However they sold my trade in so I cant get it back. If I choose that route( walking away from deal ), they want me to buy out the negative equity in cash.

option 2:

I get my shipping charges back

2500 ( if I suck it up on the paint job )
500 for the cracked windshield

so a cheque for 4500$ and they cut me loose and throw a lawsuit on the shipper to recover this.

So far damage from shipper includes:

side mirror scuff
Tailgate scuffs
Tailgate opplique scuffs
Cracked windshield
800km joyride and whatever that entails

Can any of y’all from the Negan gang chime in and come up with a fair counter offer. Maybe some advice ( ammunition for tomorrow’s final phone call )?

ideally I’d like to walk away and they pay out my negative equity which is around 5000$.

so they’re basically trying to pay me to shut up about the damage. I’m pretty sure the 1000’s of rock chips on this truck were there prior and they just didn’t want to disclose to me that they were on the truck. Unfortunately I can’t even 3M the truck because of the amount of Rock chips on the vehicle.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
S

So everyone...... here’s what happened today: Apparently buying me out is not an option as there’s negative equity attached to the deal. However they sold my trade in so I cant get it back. If I choose that route( walking away from deal ), they want me to buy out the negative equity in cash.

option 2:

I get my shipping charges back

2500 ( if I suck it up on the paint job )
500 for the cracked windshield

so a cheque for 4500$ and they cut me loose and throw a lawsuit on the shipper to recover this.

So far damage from shipper includes:

side mirror scuff
Tailgate scuffs
Tailgate opplique scuffs
Cracked windshield
800km joyride and whatever that entails

Can any of y’all from the Negan gang chime in and come up with a fair counter offer. Maybe some advice ( ammunition for tomorrow’s final phone call )?

ideally I’d like to walk away and they pay out my negative equity which is around 5000$.

so they’re basically trying to pay me to shut up about the damage. I’m pretty sure the 1000’s of rock chips on this truck were there prior and they just didn’t want to disclose to me that they were on the truck. Unfortunately I can’t even 3M the truck because of the amount of Rock chips on the vehicle.

I'd tell them to go **** off and you'll let your attorney handle it. Meantime tell them you'll go to all TV outlets in town, newspapers and radio stations. Probably mention you are being scheduled in to address the United Nations and will make this your prime subject.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd tell them to go **** off and you'll let your attorney handle it. Meantime tell them you'll go to all TV outlets in town, newspapers and radio stations. Probably mention you are being scheduled in to address the United Nations and will make this your prime subject.

lol I see why you’re the talk of the forum....

anyways everyone that’s recommending attorney’s I already talked to my attorney. I’m not going to post what he said until I’m done with this deal as I’m pretty sure the dealer is watching this forum post as I’ve sent it to them.