GEN 2 2018 Ford Raptor Towing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get some adjustable bump stops to increase your towing capacity. Reduce your up travel as much as possible and charge them as high as you can. Usually you can triple your capable payload capacity and add 1,000-2,000 lbs to your towing capacity. Load up your trailer and ride your bumps all the way to your favorite boating spot.

Panduh

Reaction score
I dont believe Ford NA will lease the Raptor. I went through this same issue with several dealers and with Ford Corp.

It doesn't have anything to do with the price of the vehicle.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont believe Ford NA will lease the Raptor. I went through this same issue with several dealers and with Ford Corp.

My guess would be with the market is so fickled it would be tough to come up with a residual value.

When 4 year old Gen 1's asking price is near what it was new how they determine a value?

Mike

kenramp

Reaction score
Thanks for the mention. What I have is a factory trailer by MasterCraft. They actually build their own but there's not much super specific information on it's specs
I would call MasterCraft and ask. Most boat trailers are not welded together and a WD hitch could do more harm than good.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JMF

Reaction score
I would call MasterCraft and ask. Most boat trailers are not welded together and a WD hitch could do more harm than good.

I think they are welded and such. They're pretty impressive. I know that if you want to order another one if something happens to yours it's a good 18 thousand new.

If you go here it shows the build style www.mastercraft.com/trailer

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

You're mistaken at how I lease my vehicles. Ford doesn't lease it at all. My leasing fleet company buys them outright then leases it to me through their company.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your trailer is probably a Boatmate trailer made for Mastercraft. Boatmate makes the custom trailers for a lot of high end boat manufacturers including Mastercraft, Bryant, Malibu, Axis, and others.

Boatmate is located in Maryville, TN, and their website is www.boatmatetrailers.com. If you give them a call, I’m sure they can answer your questions. I have found them very helpful in the past.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My Correct Craft (Ski Nautique) trailer was all welded. I was on a lake for many years not too far from a ramp. I've never seen a normal boat trailer with a load distributing hitch on it.

OP
OP
J

JMF

Reaction score
Your trailer is probably a Boatmate trailer made for Mastercraft. Boatmate makes the custom trailers for a lot of high end boat manufacturers including Mastercraft, Bryant, Malibu, Axis, and others.

Boatmate is located in Maryville, TN, and their website is Boatmate Trailers. If you give them a call, I’m sure they can answer your questions. I have found them very helpful in the past.

Mastercraft claims to custom build their own trailers in house from what their website says. Pics of facotry too hmmm not sure. I see your link looks like they may make it. Very interesting

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

My Correct Craft (Ski Nautique) trailer was all welded. I was on a lake for many years not too far from a ramp. I've never seen a normal boat trailer with a load distributing hitch on it.

Are you saying its likely damaging to the boat trailer?

Last edited: