GEN 2 2018 Ford Raptor Towing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mastercraft claims to custom build their own trailers in house from what their website says. Pics of facotry too hmmm not sure. I see your link looks like they may make it. Very interesting

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Are you saying its likely damaging to the boat trailer?

I would be concerned about damaging it without specifically talking to someone at Mastercraft. The travel trailers I've owned that used LD hitches had MASSIVELY heavier frames in the front tongue area where the bars attach compared to any boat trailer I've seen. Like the difference between a Raptor and a Honda Ridgeline.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've pulled my Ski Nautique thousands of miles, to Texas and Florida with a standard hitch on a Chevy van in the 1980s, granted it was a lighter boat but never an issue.

Biggest issue with a boat trailer is make sure the wheel bearings are packed. Bearing Buddies help but removing the hub ever couple years and repacking them is also a good idea.

You might be over thinking this.

Mike

OP
OP
J

JMF

Reaction score
I've pulled my Ski Nautique thousands of miles, to Texas and Florida with a standard hitch on a Chevy van in the 1980s, granted it was a lighter boat but never an issue.

Biggest issue with a boat trailer is make sure the wheel bearings are packed. Bearing Buddies help but removing the hub ever couple years and repacking them is also a good idea.

You might be over thinking this.

Mike

I may be. But I don't want it to be dangerous is all. The bearings are called vault. Apparently they never need a re pack. They're actually not openable I've heard? It's oil and grease or something at the same time.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

I would be concerned about damaging it without specifically talking to someone at Mastercraft. The travel trailers I've owned that used LD hitches had MASSIVELY heavier frames in the front tongue area where the bars attach compared to any boat trailer I've seen. Like the difference between a Raptor and a Honda Ridgeline.

It's also perhaps concerning that it's a swing away tongue and i have to mount the WD hitch adapter they sell to that section i think

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I️ think there’s a website that can answer towing questions specifically about raptors.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Last edited: