2018 30k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you I just need to go check it out. Wonder if trying to get an extended warranty thrown in is possible? It only has around 6k left on the bumper to bumper. Reading about the cams and oil pan has got me 2nd guessing but I love the look of the truck.
The biggest thing with the cam phasers is keeping clean oil in the motor. I wouldn’t buy a raptor that’s had oil changes done any less than 5000 mile intervals, preferably with full synthetic. I change mine in my 19 every 4000 with Mobile 1. Other thing is fuel. These trucks really need to be on premium. The dealer probably put Walmart 87 octane and synthetic blend oil. I’d consider a new one if you can swing it.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
How many miles have you put on your truck? The tires were rotated at 4,500 according to the car fax of the one I am looking at. The tires are ko2s but the tread looks great in the pics. What’s normal mileage replacement for the ko2?
I get about 15,000 per set. 32,000 and on the 3rd set but o drive aggressively and live on a mountain so 99%mountain miles.

I loved drone

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a raptor. Looking at a 2018 with 30k miles. It has 802a, moon roof, tech package, spray in bed liner, 360 camera, etc. Car fax seems clean. Looks like it was only used for corporate use for the dealership. All oil changes done on time. It was originally listed at $57k, then dropped to $55k. I text back and forth with someone at the dealership. I offered $52k and they surprisingly accepted. Would be $56.5 otd with taxes and fees. I am having 2nd thoughts. I would be putting $25k down payment and financing the rest for 36 months. Does this seem like a good deal? Should I try to counter offer to $50k flat? Would that be a ****** move after offering $52k and them accepting?
Negotiating for a rig you haven’t seen?? Seems legit!!

OP
OP
W

Webb24

Reaction score
Negotiating for a rig you haven’t seen?? Seems legit!!

Not sure what the big deal is. I guess I could of ask if he was firm on the price instead of throwing out numbers. I have not committed to anything. I don’t want to drive an hour each way for a truck out of my price range that they won’t budge on. I made it clear I would have to check it out and go on a test drive.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Not sure what the big deal is. I guess I could of ask if he was firm on the price instead of throwing out numbers. I have not committed to anything. I don’t want to drive an hour each way for a truck out of my price range that they won’t budge on. I made it clear I would have to check it out and go on a test drive.
There just busting your balls. I would do the same as you as I live remote and just cruising by the dealer is not a realistic option. Go check it out and if it works for you bring it home. If there is something they did not disclose then I would think renegotiating would be the next step. I would highly recommend a warranty so price that out before you go. You will love the truck, no one makes anything even close.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good deal. If it is certified and still under warranty you are good. You will love the truck. There's nothing else like it.
Enjoy!

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go look at it and offer 50 and leave lol

It's not a done deal till you sign the papers

Good luck

konoha

Reaction score
Please let me know how it goes. I just sent out messages to all the dealers for 55k with they had it listed for 59k. 52k sounds awfully low. KBB fully loaded raptor at 30k miles is in the range of 53-57k. Guess maybe time is now to buy since almost end of year.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The extended warranty through Ford has to be purchased within the first year or 12K miles IIRC.

You can buy an ESP from any Ford dealer up to 41 months/41,000 miles. The price changes at 12 months and 36 months, but they are still available up to 41. Check out Flood Ford for excellent pricing.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 7.45.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 7.49.53 PM.png

Last edited: