2018 30k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Webb24

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a raptor. Looking at a 2018 with 30k miles. It has 802a, moon roof, tech package, spray in bed liner, 360 camera, etc. Car fax seems clean. Looks like it was only used for corporate use for the dealership. All oil changes done on time. It was originally listed at $57k, then dropped to $55k. I text back and forth with someone at the dealership. I offered $52k and they surprisingly accepted. Would be $56.5 otd with taxes and fees. I am having 2nd thoughts. I would be putting $25k down payment and financing the rest for 36 months. Does this seem like a good deal? Should I try to counter offer to $50k flat? Would that be a ****** move after offering $52k and them accepting?

JMIB99

Reaction score
Good morning from NJ. The deal sounds about right. I just checked it out on Edmonds.com and it lists the following prices:

Trade In: $50,900
Private Party: $54,739
Dealer Retail: $57,955

I'd say you got a good deal; dealership has to make something on it to keep the lights on. As for asking them to drop the price after you've shaken on it, that probably would be frowned upon; my opinion only.

Good luck and please post on how it all plays out. And if you do buy it, post pictures :)

OP
OP
W

Webb24

Reaction score
Good morning from NJ. The deal sounds about right. I just checked it out on Edmonds.com and it lists the following prices:

Trade In: $50,900
Private Party: $54,739
Dealer Retail: $57,955

I'd say you got a good deal; dealership has to make something on it to keep the lights on. As for asking them to drop the price after you've shaken on it, that probably would be frowned upon; my opinion only.

Good luck and please post on how it all plays out. And if you do buy it, post pictures :)

I have not shaken on anything. Just texting the internet rep back and forth telling him the number looks good to me. The truck is about an hour drive from me so I have not seen it in person yet. Was just surprised they took my first offer so it made me think I should of went $50 even. By all accounts it looks like a flawless truck though. Will be on the lookout for the plastic oil pan and cam noises. Anything else to pay attention to?

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not shaken on anything. Just texting the internet rep back and forth telling him the number looks good to me. The truck is about an hour drive from me so I have not seen it in person yet. Was just surprised they took my first offer so it made me think I should of went $50 even. By all accounts it looks like a flawless truck though. Will be on the lookout for the plastic oil pan and cam noises. Anything else to pay attention to?

You offered, they accepted, man up! I never make an offer till I see a vehicle in person, I may ask if there is room for adjustment in the price prior to driving an hour, but as it is, I feel it would be a **** move if you tried to beat them down on an offer that you made, I'd personally just tell you to EAD and show you to the door.

OP
OP
W

Webb24

Reaction score
You offered, they accepted, man up! I never make an offer till I see a vehicle in person, I may ask if there is room for adjustment in the price prior to driving an hour, but as it is, I feel it would be a **** move if you tried to beat them down on an offer that you made, I'd personally just tell you to EAD and show you to the door.

I agree with you I just need to go check it out. Wonder if trying to get an extended warranty thrown in is possible? It only has around 6k left on the bumper to bumper. Reading about the cams and oil pan has got me 2nd guessing but I love the look of the truck.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you I just need to go check it out. Wonder if trying to get an extended warranty thrown in is possible? It only has around 6k left on the bumper to bumper. Reading about the cams and oil pan has got me 2nd guessing but I love the look of the truck.

The extended warranty through Ford has to be purchased within the first year or 12K miles IIRC.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 18 used with 29K on the clock, no issues so far except Sync "freezing" occasionally, which stopped after I upgraded the Sync software. Check it out well, and if you find any issues, then drop your offer; otherwise it sounds like a good deal. If the tires are OEM, they won't have too many miles left on them, so take a good look at those. You could always ask them to throw in the extended warranty.....

OP
OP
W

Webb24

Reaction score
I bought my 18 used with 29K on the clock, no issues so far except Sync "freezing" occasionally, which stopped after I upgraded the Sync software. Check it out well, and if you find any issues, then drop your offer; otherwise it sounds like a good deal. If the tires are OEM, they won't have too many miles left on them, so take a good look at those. You could always ask them to throw in the extended warranty.....

How many miles have you put on your truck? The tires were rotated at 4,500 according to the car fax of the one I am looking at. The tires are ko2s but the tread looks great in the pics. What’s normal mileage replacement for the ko2?

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles have you put on your truck? The tires were rotated at 4,500 according to the car fax of the one I am looking at. The tires are ko2s but the tread looks great in the pics. What’s normal mileage replacement for the ko2?
31k so far.
Depends on your style of driving.
The dealer replaced the OEM ones on mine before putting it up for sale.

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You made a $52k offer on a truck you have not seen, felt, or driven? You got huge balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk