2017 no boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s time to smoke test the intake as previously mentioned by @blwn. You would just need to find a shop with a high pressure smoke machine. Did your tuner turn off wastegate DTCs? The electronic wastegates provide position data to the PCM; if they’re not moving or stuck there should be DTCs.

Have you performed a Key On Engine Running (KOER) with ForScan? I believe it has the ability to perform that test.

OP
OP
Justin3773

Justin3773

Reaction score
Sorry i only have bullydog bdx that's what I'm using for a scanner. Maybe it can read deep codes ? Should I see wastegate move when starting truck?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry i only have bullydog bdx that's what I'm using for a scanner. Maybe it can read deep codes ? Should I see wastegate move when starting truck?

It may only be able to pull generic OBD2 DTCs (P1000 and below) and not manufacturer specific DTCs (above P1000). I would recommend investing in ForScan; the ODB Link adapter is $50 on Amazon and the ForScan software is free for the basic package. Even the extended license with a lifetime subscription is only $50.

OP
OP
Justin3773

Justin3773

Reaction score
P0299 is the only code I ever got. It I run the truck and have someone Rev it the wastegate actuators open and close both sides fine

OP
OP
Justin3773

Justin3773

Reaction score
Hey I have the truck at ford and they cannot communicate with the truck it goes crazy and shuts down when they connect I can scan and read codes no problem. They said they can hear it making boost but it's leaking into the exhaust they said that noise is coming from middle of truck. But they cannot read my obd2 port

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justin3773

Justin3773

Reaction score
Yes and it still won't read there code reader any ideas ? They tried 3 of them it will shut the truck off even with just plugging it in then it will throw 10 codes with truck off and say it can't communicate. Can they not read a tuned truck? Torrie at unleashed said comm should be same nothing changed?

Last edited: