2013 Orders Delays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All members that placed orders for 2013 and are delayed,

It looks like there are many like me with orders placed for several months and Ford did not move anything - no updates, no orders pulled! Dealers frustration is one thing - but the SERIOUS issue here is us - the CUSTOMERS!!! I would like to gather a list of members that are in same situation and get their feedback - hopefully Ford has somebody reading this Forum and understand that they need to make some SERIOUS changes!

Reeking_HVAC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 8/8 not one update. My dealer continually lies to me feeding me b.s. and saying my order has been pulled should have a vin this week (last week). Text him yesterday and today and magically he has so many meetings he doesn't have time to check.

Svt keeps saying unscheduled.

Honestly, it has ruined the whole thing for me. I told my wife today I might just move on and tell my dealer to keep it if it ever gets in. I was really excited to get a raptor, but after 13 weeks, and bs lies I am just frustrated. I know last year people waited longer, but this year people that ordered months after me are picking up their trucks. Tey obviously rolled them out quicker this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dbax2000

Reaction score
Been waiting since 8/27...still unscheduled. Sold my Mercedes the day before I ordered and have been driving my daughter's Taurus (she's in college and doesn't need a car). Now the cold weather is affecting the 12 year old Taurus.

Honestly with all the bad press about MFT I wonder if I shouldn't have bought something else. I understand exclusive vehicles but this sucks!!!

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fellas, I understand being eager to get our toys, but if it was gonna bother you that much to wait, why not get a '12 that was on a lot somewhere already?

I placed my order 9/27, and I told the dealer I would be very surprised to see the truck before December. It has a scheduled build week of Dec 3.

Note that I also knew I had placed the order after the 2013's were being produced. When I read how guys have been waiting since July or August, I ignore that. It should not count toward waiting time, when Ford wasn't making any of them yet; that's just silly.

I'm eager to get my new toy too. But I can wait until Santa brings it. If I couldn't, I would have bought a '12 that was produced already when I ordered.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1 - Dealers have NO pull when it comes to getting your truck from Ford.
2 - They avoid you because they have absolutely nothing to tell you about your order. Most salesman will not tell their buyers "you may have to wait for 4 months" because if they did you would go elsewhere.
3 - If your dealer had a truck to sell you, they would because they are in the business of selling cars which makes them money. Simply put, they can't sell you what they don't have.

Sit back and relax. You can't control when your truck arrives so spend your energy elsewhere.

I do agree Ford could do a better job of communicating with their dealers but until that happens your dealer knows nothing about when your order will get pulled.

SrBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patience my Grasshopper .........
the best come for those who wait.
i was waiting on a 2012 science march then moved to wait on a 2013 now ETA Dec 3 .
and my reward..... SVT Forged Wheels and terrain color.
im not excited about it anymore but i know i will that day and beyond

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i ordered august 17. the dealer told me most likely 6 months. i knew from the start that it would be a long time, however i got lucky and my order was pulled early. remember, its all about dealer allocation. ford also pulls orders how they want, when they want...... thats how mine came 2-3 months before expected. my order no. was 2222, does that mean i was the 2,222 person to order? i have no clue. but think of it this way, these are not mass produced trucks, therefore they are a commodity, and that is good in the way of resale value and that they are not as common as a prius........

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i was frustrated as well until i had my order pulled last week. there are people who ordered around the same time as me, sept 11, or even after who are already driving their trucks. i think my wait time is about average, and id rather be where im at than still waiting and wondering. luck of the draw, i guess.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys are getting your ******* in a *** for nothing... Ford does not care about anything except making a profit---when trucks do not ship then they lose money for the quarter. Do not know what the gross profit on the Raptor is but doubt it is on par with the F150 line.

If you think Ford gives one rats rear about your whining then I have some ocean front property in Oklahoma for sale.

Always buy off of the Lot---always get great pricing as well. Too much risk not to on limited production vehicles.. Example, the sequestration does happen after the 1st of the year and your truck comes in guess what --- your trade will be worth a whole lot less than it was last month. The good news is that if you have no trade and are a cash buyer the Raptor can be had at X-Plan and you will get the rebates as well!!