2013 Orders Delays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xplan pricing is a certian % over invoice that some people can get, I think that is a % over invoice. I get xplan pricing but was not able to "con" the dealer into letting me use it on my raptor. and i think xplan they have to show you all the numbers as well so you know your getting the correct price...

i think that is how it works at least im sure more people will know better

Let me google that for you sorry couldnt help it

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can someone please explain what "The X-Plan" is and what rebates?

It's a Ford new vehicle purchase program for employees and select suppliers, business partners, et cetera. I got mine through the Mustang Club of America. You can read up all about it but if you want to check on X-plan prices, just go to www.fordpartner.com and type in mc405 (that's the MCA code) and then you can see what various Ford products would cost with this plan. It does not apply to SVT vehicles! No rebates either.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did you hear that the X-Plan could be used on a Raptor and that there will possible rebates too? Everything I've heard is to the contrary. If you can point me to something concrete, I'd appreciate it.

Don't think that everyone understood the post I will make it clear-----IF the actions do in fact come about on the 1st of the year the market as well as the economy will be in the tank. No matter if the Congress does kick the can down the road so to speak people are going to be selling before the end of the year to take advantage of lower capital gain tax rates.

What this means is that there will not be as many people buying Raptors among MANY other things SO incentives will be put in place to move product.

This is a big deal coupled with what is going on in Europe----not pretty.. Read this and it may help everyone to understand. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/world-stocks-fall-talks-us-084252104.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are getting your ******* in a *** for nothing... Ford does not care about anything except making a profit---when trucks do not ship then they lose money for the quarter. Do not know what the gross profit on the Raptor is but doubt it is on par with the F150 line.

If you think Ford gives one rats rear about your whining then I have some ocean front property in Oklahoma for sale.

Always buy off of the Lot---always get great pricing as well. Too much risk not to on limited production vehicles.. Example, the sequestration does happen after the 1st of the year and your truck comes in guess what --- your trade will be worth a whole lot less than it was last month. The good news is that if you have no trade and are a cash buyer the Raptor can be had at X-Plan and you will get the rebates as well!!

Hello Boss Hoss,

With all due respect I disagree with above. A serious company - and Ford expects to be one - DOES or SHOULD care about customers like us and these postings. This is NOT whining, it is just a concern and frustration that is quite justified. As far as buying off the lot: fine for someones...not for me...I always ordered and paid cash.

cobradoc

Reaction score
There is no X-plan on SVT or Shelby vehicles...period. The best you can hope for is invoice.I do believe there should be a process to track your vehicle from "cradle to grave". It's rediculous that in todays information society that you have to call to get an update.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For fun today I decided to search for available 2013 Raptors within 500 miles of my zip and I easily found over 100. I randomly looked at the their VINs and they were all produced from late September through October. It obvious that for their initial run, Ford is favoring dealer stock over customer orders but then this is not surprising. I suspect, at some point there will simply be very few stock orders to build and special orders will come flying off the line.

I agree with this: there are dealers with 2013 Raptors (all SCREW's) sitting on their lots. Something hard to understand: "Ford is favoring dealer stock orders vs. real customer orders". Like having a customer coming in a store with money in the hand to buy a product, but the store will send him away...asking to wait. It just does not make any sense and if Ford is really doing this - I am trying to figure out - WHY?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its probably for the "gotta have it now" people who are willing to pay over msrp for it. get those out first, then on to customers orders......

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its probably for the "gotta have it now" people who are willing to pay over msrp for it. get those out first, then on to customers orders......

yeah, when i was getting ready to order mine in early sept the dealer talked about some guy who had a '12 ordered that was due to arrive soon, but he bought one off the lot similarly equipped (probably paid alot more) cuz he had to have it labor day weekend. talk about "gotta have it now" syndrome.

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

+1^

Quantity over Quality

Sell the first wave of 2013's as they're not actually "sold" yet and get the new look and features out there.

Customers’ orders have a buyer already. I'm paying invoice. I would not pay msrp to have something I can wait for a few months to get. ******* stupid IMO. I'm not loaded so this gives me a few more months to save for a bigger down payment.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I guess some are better negotiators than others. I do this (negotiate) for a living but one thing you are mistaken on if you think that it is desirable -- dealers like "cash" buyers -- they do not. All thing being equal buying one on the ground is cheaper---the store in question needs to get it off of the floor plan. Have bought 31 new cars and trucks in my life and have never had to order one. That includes MB AMG's and my Shelby GT500 which I got X-plan plus the rebates lol.

I paid 215 dollars over invoice for my Raptor and if I want another -- the same deal will apply---discussed it with the Owner a couple of months ago. Buying cars is no big deal you just have to be willing to do the due diligence and be smart. Buy hard to get vehicles frequently and always close to invoice. Bought a Audi TTS for my wife earlier this year---very limited production with not many in the country at one time got it through my companies discount program with them which is just about invoice. The first 2 dealers one in Houston had one and the other in Atlanta said no way msrp only. Did the research and got it shipped from Houston to here (that cost me 250) and the dealer here had another desirable vehicle that the folks in Houston were willing to trade (had a buyer and called the dealer here the day before) for so it worked out. Sometimes takes some legwork, some phone calls and a lot of emails!!

Tried to post this yesterday several times but could not get into the site because of the "attack" problem with the server..