2013 ...Is this the year for the ecoboost Raptor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
You guys are lucky, I'm only seeing 11.5 pretty much no matter what I do. Highway and in town... its all the same. Some times it will get into the 12s on long road trips.

Also, you have a lifetime avg mpg counter in your trip computer (two actually) so you can reset the other one that overlays the current at each fill up if you want more exact calculations.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, you have a lifetime avg mpg counter in your trip computer (two actually) so you can reset the other one that overlays the current at each fill up if you want more exact calculations.

That's what I do. Trip A has never been reset and I reset trip B at every fill up.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So much anger in this thread. You remind me of my omelette.

Anger in this thread? Oh, come along! This is a benign exchange of ideas and facts. If you want anger, visit the "Z". Hell, they'll chew you up and spit you out permanently for just asking a relevant question.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I do. Trip A has never been reset and I reset trip B at every fill up.
Actually, if you put the productivity screen in engineering mode then there's a screen that displays RAFE (Running Avg Fuel Economy) so even if you reset both trip meters the lifetime mpg is still stored. I usually use trip A to track overall mpg for a tank and then use trip B to keep track of highway only. See the following link on how to access engineering test mode.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f52/voltage-rpm-vehicle-speed-10542/

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whoa, Vash, how did you ever figure that out? It's not anywere that I've read, and I've read both of the Owners Manuals from cover to cover. Excellent tip! Thanks!

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not gonna take credit for finding out about engineering test mode. I was having a discussion with a buddy about how the Ford productivity screen looks way better than the Ram's screen, but shows way less useful info as far as gauge readouts and actual tire pressure. My buddy now owns a 2011 Ram Outdoorsman, but used to have a 2010 F-150 FX4. He said I could probably find similar info in the engineering test mode that he'd played around with on his old Ford. I researched F-150 forums and found instructions similar to what I posted a link to. There's plenty of useful info that Ford hides away although some of it is useless unless you can decode hex code values etc. It's also nice to know that engineering test mode is read only so you can mess with it without fear of ******** anything up. Also, helpful for seeing how accurate the analog gauges are.

It's more of a diagnostic mode for techs so you can probably only read about it in a service manual.

Last edited:

Drewa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just reading a truck test in a magazine. They tested several trucks under the same conditions, the F150 ecoboost did 0?1 MPG better in town, the F150 with 5.0 got 0.1 MPG better on the highway.......looks like a draw there for most people.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Anger in this thread? Oh, come along! This is a benign exchange of ideas and facts. If you want anger, visit the "Z". Hell, they'll chew you up and spit you out permanently for just asking a relevant question.

Curious, what is the Z ?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just reading a truck test in a magazine. They tested several trucks under the same conditions, the F150 ecoboost did 0?1 MPG better in town, the F150 with 5.0 got 0.1 MPG better on the highway.......looks like a draw there for most people.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Curious, what is the Z ?

Trust me, you really don't wanna know. If your ever bored, there are plenty of threads here outlining it.