2.7L Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
Okay stupid question. Any chance the 2.7L ecoboost is a diesel?

I know the press keeps calling it a gas engine but has Ford actually announced that it will be a gasoline engine?

Can anyone who has seen the engine confirm?

It looks like the block shares similarities with the 6.7L diesel. Ford did race the Baja 1000 in a 2015 truck without anyone knowing. Maybe they are sneaking this one by us as well?

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's gas. I've seen it in person. And yes, Ford has announced it is gas. It was announced when the 2015 was unveiled. The block is a compacted graphite iron which is the same material as the 6.7L. The oil pan isn't metal either just in case you didn't know.

LR-05161.jpg

LR-05162.jpg

LR-05160.jpg

LR-05163.jpg

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cgi is new material for blocks. Much lighter than standard cast blocks without sacrificing any strength. It's a bitch to machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see myself owning anything but a Raptor but I am really intrigued by this engine. If the power is there along with the economy and Livernois works their magic with it, I could easily be tempted. But not in or in place of the Raptor.