13 MyFordTouch freezing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest complaint for the MFT is the NAV side of it. It works for the first minute and then freezes for 5 minutes, works a bit, and then freezes completely. THEN, today it thought it was in Arlington, VA for at least 10 minutes only to find itself again in Carmichael (suburb of Sacramento) and then freeze completely for the rest of the drive to downtown Sacramento. WHAT A COMPLETE PILE OF CRAP!!

I intend to formally note it down as official warranty problem and demand that they chase down the issue, even if its software. My Commodore 64 was more powerful than this pile of shit!

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

OH - and then the back-up camera froze today. I always check my surroundings and stuff, but this piece of the puzzle took a picture of some objects behind me and then stayed on that picture while the rest of the vehicle was moving. Nice safety feature, boys! When I shifted into drive, the same picture stayed on the screen. Just frozen there.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the dealer and they said they couldn't recreate my problem. Then, as I pulled out of the parking lot, it did the same ole thing. So I immediately did a u-turn and showed them in person. They are going to troubleshoot the box and then the antenna. I am 90% sure this is an antenna issue, since it takes so long to update NAV and the fuel/sports/info/etc section of Sirius never completes. Just my guess tho. Find out again within this week.

omanraptor

Reaction score
my MFT froze today and didnt work and i cant use it! its stuck on a track but it doesnt play anything... dont know what to do!! plz help i cant use the touch screen at all

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try using the voice button > radio > FM > a channel number. Seems to kickstart it for me when it freezes.

almunther6

Reaction score
Same here .. when i received a call from omanraptor telling me that he was playing a music through the USB, when he reached Track 90 it stucked n nothing is working in the screen .. i tried mine and reached Track 87 n the same has happened it freezed and the song was playing and everytime i change the track it repeats the same i used the voice command to change to fm it changes but the screen is freezed and changed to cd and same thing, then we disconnected the battery for a few seconds and it worked. lets hope does something about this issue. all the best guys

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my MFT doesn't know what date it is, cannot connect to GPS for the correct time, and has absolutely no clue of where it's at. In addition to all of that, the back up camera only works part-time by either freezing on an image, not producing an image on the screen at all, or working perfectly normal. It's a roll of the dice...

What I have gotten from Ford is that this *might* be related to the dealer-installed LoJack system and that I need to have the technician turn it off to verify. Yeeeeeeeaaaahhhh, riiiiiight...

So, as of today, I am starting the formal complaint route. If that doesn't work, I know a REALLY great lawyer here is Sac who would be interested in a class action deal.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MFT is a HUGE pile of FAIL.

My Focus has had no less then 5 updates and "fixes" over the past 12 months... and it still sucks, freezes, overall just TERRIBLE.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by my service advisor that the MFT will get a huge upgrade in 2014, BUT there is no plan for a retroactive fix for the current MFT problems. SO... There will probably be a need for a class action lawsuit to force Ford's hand in replacing the current POS' MFT's.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
THANK GOD my Focus is a lease. If I bought this car, I would be pushing for a replacement already at this point. I have to just hang in there 10 more months, and I'll be leaving it on their doorstep when the lease is up!