13 MyFordTouch freezing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So normally when my stereo freezes it'll reset itself after about 30 mins with the "Sync scheduled maintenance" screen.

It's been 4 days now, the iPod has been reset, tried a new cable, the fm works.

Is there any way to force it to do the mx without a master reset?

Thanks,

Chris

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MFT for the loss...

When mine locks up on me I can usually get it to 'wake up' by using the voice commands. Press the button on the wheel > say Radio > and usually I just say preset one.. then it'll go nuts for 2-3 seconds, but it unfreezes it.

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I generally try NOT to be a Microsoft-hater (my whole life is pounding code) but this MFT is a giant pile a crap. The previous Sony/Sync (yes, still Microsoft) in my 2011 was leaps and bounds better than this thing. It is almost entirely unusable!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My only issue so far is Bluetooth connection not always displaying song information or allowing control via the truck. Kind of annoying.

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe mine is slow due to the big-ass hard drive I have plugged into USB. Indexing maybe??? I will run for a Tim's without and see if it helps. Consider me skeptical of any change.

OP
OP
The Macf

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turns out you can kind of force it.

I have almost 40gb of music on an iPod classic plugged in. Manually started a media index in the settings menu. While that was going I used voice control to find a song and pushed the media button repeatedly. Started on FM1 and by the time I made it to CD, it reset.

Still a pain in the ****, but at least it works now.

Until the next time...

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im starting to hate this thing. My phone will connect but the voice does not come over the speakers. Then it will not hang up and return to music. I found I can turn off then on the radio and it comes alive but what garbage. How do I fix this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The phone / text stuff is one thing that works with mine without fail.. Pandora on the other hand works like shit. I originally blamed MFT, but later foundout that it's a common issue with my Droid Atrix. It does it with my new Bluetooth headset as well.. no known fix. (-.-)

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole "mft" issue was one of the main reasons I did not get the Lux package on the raptor.