10K off all 2019 crew cab raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VolksDragon

Reaction score
Been actively looking to buy over the last week. Metro Ford in OKC had an Oxford White ‘19 for $11k off @ $62,850. It sold pretty quick, even before I could get someone to respond to my inquiry and I live in Tulsa, only 90 miles NE. Looks like I’ll possibly have an Ohio trip in my near future.

Just so you know, I tried to buy one from Metro a couple times while I was shopping for my current truck, they post some shady prices that include some vapor "trade rebates" that don't exist, and then lowball the shit out of your trade to make up the difference.

They did offer me a price near invoice, but it was nowhere near $11k off.

VolksDragon

Reaction score
You can't believe anything Metro Ford in OKC advertises. BS and lots of it!

Exactly this. I've bought a new truck every year for the past 8 years, and never have I felt compelled to call a dealer out on their ******** until I dealt with them.

Reaction score
Exactly this. I've bought a new truck every year for the past 8 years, and never have I felt compelled to call a dealer out on their ******** until I dealt with them.

I'm usually just a lurker but I decided to create an account to add to this.

I live in Oklahoma and heard an ad on the radio from Metro Ford, their advertisement said "20% off new Roush Mustangs and Raptors". I took this to mean that they were talking about just a regular Ford Raptor as I had never heard a Roush Raptor.

I stopped in and test drove a Raptor and asked about the 20% off and they informed me that the 20% off was only for the Roush Raptor. I said "Oh ok, well lets go look at those" They had 2 in stock so I test drove the black one and I loved it. The Sticker on it said $82k-ish which was obviously the $69k MSRP of the 802a Raptor and then the $13k of the Roush package. I said i'll take it. 20% off of the $82k will put me about $66k, I would also like to use the current ford F-150 promotion of 0% financing for 72mo. They salesman had me talk to his manager who explained to me that even though they price they had on the truck of $82k did not include what they wanted to actually sell it for. They wanted to sell it for $90k so they would give me 20% off of that price.

I had many words with the manager about his ******** sales tactics and made up numbers. But $72k for a new Roush Raptor 802a was a good price. I told the salesman to tell his boss he gets to decide if i buy the truck or not. I'll buy the truck but i'm not paying a ******* DOC fee. Salesman goes in and then comes back out and agrees. It was then revealed to me that Ford won't extend their 0% for 72 months to Raptors, which is ****** because they sell enough raptors, that was the 3rd one that day they sold, they knew that promotion wouldn't apply, they purposely waited till the end to tell me that it wouldn't work.

I ended up getting my own financing for the truck which I consider a win since they don't get any more money off of me. Even in the paperwork room they tried to add the DOC fee in there and I called them out on it and they said it was an honest mistake (sure).

Honestly I would probably still buy a truck from them if they're the cheapest but If I were any of you guys I wouldn't drive a long distance to check them out, they'll definitely give you the bait and switch. If you look at their inventory right now they're advertising ridiculous prices on Roush Raptors with the asterisk that says *Price does not include conversion package (or something like that) which basically just means that whatever advertised price they have on it doesn't mean anything.

Bat

Reaction score
There's no way they're losing 3k.. At my dealer, I got 9800 off (invoice minus all holdback) on a truck with an msrp of 73k (crew, 802a, recaro, moonroof) and I'd imagine more if it had stickers and beadlocks. Deals are out there if you shop around. On another note, Metro's advertised price is total BS. Call them, they'll tell you.
I was a ford dealer the mark up with holdback is about 7000. So unless they made it up somewhere else, they lost $. I have been in the business and still have friends that are. I know what invoice and hold back are and there is not a 9 or 10k pad. That's plain false

Bat

Reaction score
yes its not 10k on every model only fully loaded. thier web shows the disounts, 6k, 7k and 8k.
A loaded 802a does not have a 10k pad. They're making it up somewhere else or losing $

srey89

Reaction score
I was a ford dealer the mark up with holdback is about 7000. So unless they made it up somewhere else, they lost $. I have been in the business and still have friends that are. I know what invoice and hold back are and there is not a 9 or 10k pad. That's plain false

I paid what the dealer said was invoice minus all holdback and their true cost. Maybe they made it up some other way, i really don’t know. Just from my experience, on my truck with an almost 4K lower MSRP than the 10k off trucks at the dealer in the OP’s post, there was no way they could be losing 3k.

No trade, no warranty, no add-ons, 299 doc fee and although I financed through them, they got me a loan with chase at the same rate I could get at my branch.

You we’re in the business? Honest Question cause I don’t know sh*t about car sales, do different volume dealers have different invoice and holdback amounts?

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid what the dealer said was invoice minus all holdback and their true cost. Maybe they made it up some other way, i really don’t know. Just from my experience, on my truck with an almost 4K lower MSRP than the 10k off trucks at the dealer in the OP’s post, there was no way they could be losing 3k.

No trade, no warranty, no add-ons, 299 doc fee and although I financed through them, they got me a loan with chase at the same rate I could get at my branch.

You we’re in the business? Honest Question cause I don’t know sh*t about car sales, do different volume dealers have different invoice and holdback amounts?
Like do high volume dealers get a bonus? ( seems invoice is the same for everyone’s)

Bat

Reaction score

No invoice is invoice for all ford dealers. We all paid the same.

There was incentive pay on occasion based on number goals set by ford, but it never applied to Raptors. But, who knows, weve been out of it 4 years now and that couldve changed since then.