New Member (2019 Magnetic - $6K off MSRP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skerzz

Reaction score
Hi, All: New member here. Just got back from picking up my brand new 2019 Raptor. Flew out to Opelousas, Louisiana Saturday AM to purchase and take delivery from Sterling Ford-Lincoln and arrived back home in Scottsdale Arizona this evening. It was a long haul home (my new truck now has 1,400 miles on her), but to me, completely worth the effort considering I saved $10k -$15K over buying locally (local dealers still want $5k -$10k + over msrp on 2019s). Took all of about 1.5 weeks from the time I started serious looking at Raptors to delivery date. Attaching a picture parked in her new home and a couple pics from along the way. (Side note: Traversing the entire state of Texas via I-10 is incredibly boring—- even while driving a Raptor! ... look how flat that is - it goes on and on for hundreds of miles!!). ~17 hours into the drive I decided to reroute through Globe, Arizona via highway 70 to let the truck stretch her legs in sport mode and to see how she handled the twisty stuff. I am still shocked (pleasantly) at how well this truck handles — I have not driven the 2017/2018 trucks, but the 2019 with active suspension gets my nod of approval! I’ll take more pictures once she’s been given a proper bath after the long trip.

Details: 2019, magnetic, 802A, technology package, carbon fiber, and moon roof. Planning to add spray in bed liner (anyone have recommendations?), front window/moon roof tint, and possibly have a ceramic coat professionally done to protect her from the scorching AZ sun. May also change out the wheels eventually.

FYI for prospective Raptor owners or current owners looking for an upgrade - Sterling had performance blue, race red, and possibly another magnetic 2019 802A Raptors in stock as of yesterday afternoon. If you are interested in picking one up at a great price, contact Brian Harmon (internet sales manager) and let him know Matt sent you. Their website shows $5K off MSRP, but Brian’s Internet price knocks another $1K off that! These guys (Sterling) were awesome to work with and there were no surprises (especially important for an out of state fly and buy) - Truck and the out the door price were exactly as we agreed to via phone before I flew out. Rather than enduring another 20+ hour (excluding pit stops) drive, next time I’ll probably opt to pay to have it put on a truck and driven out to me! Nobody should have to drive across West Texas more than once in their lifetime :)

7B7E84D4-3773-44C8-828B-7388D71EA6B9.jpeg

A25CAD89-2052-4B04-B61F-F1F77547C143.jpeg

76C5EEBF-7ECB-4C2B-AD8C-0816436685E7.jpeg

Last edited:

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Nice story...the chase is fun. The drive home maybe not so much. But... you have a Raptor at the right price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.
Pictures. So it DID happen.

Rapt-up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent price off of MSRP ! I was amazed to see in my recent search that most dealerships charge MSRP and many over . I looked around and after 2 weeks located a 2019 Raptor in Florida. The only reason they would discount it was because they were being sold to a corporate Ford store with several locations next month. Im happy with my new toy .