‘24/‘25 Raptor Refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that a better system, than the unit we have in our Gen3’s? I like having some hard buttons. I know a few people that had Rams, and their screens went out, and you can barely control anything.
It’s not better, it’s cheaper to build. Expect more of it. Bean counters run FMC and they’re going to wring out every penny and try to sell it as improvement.

Gary Gere

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dealership loaned me a new f150 lightning while my 2022 raptor was in to have some accessories added.

Personally, I hated that virtually every function was controlled from one very large screen. You have to take your eyes off the road too often.

Maybe I’m just too much old school, but I much prefer turning a dial to change the temperature or push a button to control the heated steering wheel or seats.

If that screen where to fail, I suspect the most you could do is drive to the dealer to get it fixed.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a better system, than the unit we have in our Gen3’s? I like having some hard buttons. I know a few people that had Rams, and their screens went out, and you can barely control anything.
Better is definitely a loaded personal preference
It is more flexible and upgradable. It opens the door to algos managing more functions that folks have to manually adjust today.
But it definitely has an adjustment curve. And the simple manual tasks that the software is trending toward attempting to automate almost always take longer.
Is that better, I don’t really know it will depend on the implementation. I do know that the current version used on the lightning and the expeditions isn’t particularly loved.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealership loaned me a new f150 lightning while my 2022 raptor was in to have some accessories added.

Personally, I hated that virtually every function was controlled from one very large screen. You have to take your eyes off the road too often.

Maybe I’m just too much old school, but I much prefer turning a dial to change the temperature or push a button to control the heated steering wheel or seats.

If that screen where to fail, I suspect the most you could do is drive to the dealer to get it fixed.
Completely agree. Don't we already have enough screens in our lives? Why do we need one more?

I'm especially not a fan of digital dashboards (sorry Gen 3 crew), there's something so interesting about little metal and plastic parts with depth and texture moving around mechanically. Everything digital isn't better.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Completely agree. Don't we already have enough screens in our lives? Why do we need one more?

I'm especially not a fan of digital dashboards (sorry Gen 3 crew), there's something so interesting about little metal and plastic parts with depth and texture moving around mechanically. Everything digital isn't better.
I love analog everything. Gauges, dials, climate controls, etc. always loved older Porsches with that massive cluster of gauges. Or, the 2004/05 Ford GT, with the toggle switches and metal dials. So classy, and it’s tangible.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Better is definitely a loaded personal preference
It is more flexible and upgradable. It opens the door to algos managing more functions that folks have to manually adjust today.
But it definitely has an adjustment curve. And the simple manual tasks that the software is trending toward attempting to automate almost always take longer.
Is that better, I don’t really know it will depend on the implementation. I do know that the current version used on the lightning and the expeditions isn’t particularly loved.
Ones things for sure, it will be coming with another price increase to the truck.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love analog everything. Gauges, dials, climate controls, etc. always loved older Porsches with that massive cluster of gauges. Or, the 2004/05 Ford GT, with the toggle switches and metal dials. So classy, and it’s tangible.
When I get in my old Porsche I feel like nostalgic haha. All the gauges. My favorite thing is the "upside down" tach.

Gary Gere

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the comments regarding “real gauges“. I have a 1967 Sunbeam Tiger Mk2 - the 4 barrel 289 is ridiculously easy to work on (if you ignore the 2 spark plugs that are accessed from the passenger compartment), it has an all wood dashboard that includes 7 analog gauges, 6 toggle switches, and 3 real idiot lights. The only thing “powered” is the vacuum brake booster. When I drive that I feel like I am “connected to the road“ and really driving a car and not operating a computer console.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc