‘24/‘25 Raptor Refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe. Maybe not. New tail lights? It's so they can use one version across the whole line. About the only thing you can say is that they will cost Ford less. And some "features" are a complete waste. Or a negative. Keyless entry is a good example. It may cost more, but it doesn't work as well and it makes vehicles easy to steal. You get to learn about Faraday cages and wireless security.

How does the keyless entry make vehicles easier to steal? Does it send a signal like the fob?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does the keyless entry make vehicles easier to steal? Does it send a signal like the fob?
Keyless entry uses the fob. Keyless entry and push-button start are joined at the hip. I'm stuck driving my wife's Lezbaru for the next month. It has the fob. I still hate it. Sadly, no one wants to steal it. :(

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When i was referencing flexibile and upgradeable I was thinking factual statements not value of change to user:
flexible- can move climate controls all over the screen depending on current vehicle state and use case. OR if by some software change the function of the climate changes significantly it can be redisplayed. OR even if fords UX folks think about a better way to display a button or process they can do it

Agreed. But that does not mean you can't have an AC dial along with the screen interface for AC...which is exactly what you have now.

upgradeable- if Ford can enable 10 settings of heated seats vs 3 via software its changeable vs a hard button with 3 lights

This assumes that the seat hardware is capable of 3 or 10 settings, which I doubt. However, you could still make the change and allow for 1-10 levels of heat through screen control, while the button goes from leve1, 5, and 10.

Algo controls - my wife has a new gen x7 that we just got with the big screen no hard button interior, full auto climate control no longer is just setting a preferred interior temperature, you also set preferences for if you like more or less heated seats, more or less heated steering wheel (multiple settings within each bucket) the car then uses inside temp, outside temp, a sunlight sensor, current run time, your interior temp setting, where the car is in the climatization process, and user desired intensity of each of those items to determine the specific settings at the moment to create an overall experience (we have only had it for a couple days so no feedback yet on how well it works) but that is what i meant. hard buttons are an on/off, pick this or that user exp.

I still don't see why you can't have a screen for all these advanced options and simple hard buttons for the most common use cases. And it's not like you can't change the function of a hard button based on settings...which is what the 'R' button is.

again "better" is most definitely a personal preference. if we want to use manual controls for everything there is an extra step or two which would be very annyoing

You're saying that navigating to the right screen for climate control is less steps than pressing a hard button or turning a dial?

In case it's not clear, I am not saying I want the infotainment screen removed, or as large as possible, or have stuff like radio and climate controls removed from the screen functions. I'm saying I don't want to sacrifice all the hard button screens for an oversized screen. I want both.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I keep my trucks for 3-4 years at most. It is but a depreciating asset. Then I change out... will be cool to see what's out then.
Dont you get tired of the perpetual car payment? I am getting tired of it.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keyless entry uses the fob. Keyless entry and push-button start are joined at the hip. I'm stuck driving my wife's Lezbaru for the next month. It has the fob. I still hate it. Sadly, no one wants to steal it. :(
Lol @ Lezbaru you’re my hero. :happy175:

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont you get tired of the perpetual car payment? I am getting tired of it.
I pay them off in a few months if not right away after purchase. I tell my wife, "hey... at least im not doing drugs." I use the same motto for my guitar addiction.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. But that does not mean you can't have an AC dial along with the screen interface for AC...which is exactly what you have now.

This assumes that the seat hardware is capable of 3 or 10 settings, which I doubt. However, you could still make the change and allow for 1-10 levels of heat through screen control, while the button goes from leve1, 5, and 10.

I still don't see why you can't have a screen for all these advanced options and simple hard buttons for the most common use cases. And it's not like you can't change the function of a hard button based on settings...which is what the 'R' button is.

You're saying that navigating to the right screen for climate control is less steps than pressing a hard button or turning a dial?

In case it's not clear, I am not saying I want the infotainment screen removed, or as large as possible, or have stuff like radio and climate controls removed from the screen functions. I'm saying I don't want to sacrifice all the hard button screens for an oversized screen. I want both.
totally get it, i was more aiming for the point of view: these are the reasons they are introducing screen only, they cant maximize the use case of screen only today (and probably should wait) but there is a use case for why they are doing away with hard buttons

and screen only definitely adds complexity for former single hard button actions