Best replacement for OEM speakers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only body and odor system I’ve really spent any time with was in a ’20 Exploder ST. while it sounded ok, and definitely better than the stock Raptor the mixing still wasn’t great. It was adequately loud, but I doubt it was “windows down” loud enough. My wife’s Lincoln Revel trounces the B&O handily. For a stock system, the mixing is damn good, the bass is surprising for what it has. It’s not shaking the mirrors deep, but fills the cabin nicely.
It’s East Coast windows down loud enough, but not quite loud enough for windows down at Texas speeds. Close, but not quite enough oomph.

I’m surprised no one has made a drop in A2B amp upgrade yet.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard this quite a few times. I think we may have even had an FRF do this but I’d be concerned, having seen the stock speakers.

Who’s done this? did it work? how long? :)
Sorry for the late reply, but I ran my Rockford Fosgate 800.4 on the stock door speakers for a couple weeks while waiting parts. It sounded legit good (levels adjusted accordingly).

If true that you don't need a integration device, explore running a 5 channel amp to your factory door speakers / sub (deadener wrapped enclosure), you could get away w/ that for under 1000 and it would be a definite upgrde.

I also agree w/ the earlier comments...save your money and do it right (change it all)

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
I started with a speaker swap and was very disappointed. I swapped out the sub for a Kicker hideaway 10 to get a touch more bass also.... there really is no cheap way to get the sound. I have 9500 into it now and couldn't be happier. I don't think you need to spend that much on components, but I do think you need to upgrade the amp, speakers, and sub to get great sound. Save up and go big!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Man... that’s ADM on a Jen Tres money right there!
;-)

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started with a speaker swap and was very disappointed. I swapped out the sub for a Kicker hideaway 10 to get a touch more bass also.... there really is no cheap way to get the sound. I have 9500 into it now and couldn't be happier. I don't think you need to spend that much on components, but I do think you need to upgrade the amp, speakers, and sub to get great sound. Save up and go big!
same here ive lost track on how much ive spent ,must be easily 10000. I had a jl audio rd 900 ,and focal kx2 power ups front no rears passive ,now I have a Audison 5.1k hd amp ,audison virtuosity hd dsp ,audison ,sax 6.5 fronts ,audison violano tweeters ,and mti acoustics under seat enclosure ,with 2 jl audio woofers ,running active .come to think of it I might be close to 12000 ,and even through it does not count I just dropped 1700 on a hi res audio player fiio m17 ,running right into the dsp .it never ends .it started out as a front speaker upgrade