‘24/‘25 Raptor Refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
I agree with the comments regarding “real gauges“. I have a 1967 Sunbeam Tiger Mk2 - the 4 barrel 289 is ridiculously easy to work on (if you ignore the 2 spark plugs that are accessed from the passenger compartment), it has an all wood dashboard that includes 7 analog gauges, 6 toggle switches, and 3 real idiot lights. The only thing “powered” is the vacuum brake booster. When I drive that I feel like I am “connected to the road“ and really driving a car and not operating a computer console.
The beauty of older vehicles….

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
I guess those who haven’t purchased a truck, will be rewarded for waiting. Seems like new interior changes, and some exterior are coming.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess those who haven’t purchased a truck, will be rewarded for waiting. Seems like new interior changes, and some exterior are coming.
Maybe. Maybe not. New tail lights? It's so they can use one version across the whole line. About the only thing you can say is that they will cost Ford less. And some "features" are a complete waste. Or a negative. Keyless entry is a good example. It may cost more, but it doesn't work as well and it makes vehicles easy to steal. You get to learn about Faraday cages and wireless security. And a bigger display? That might be OK, but if the mechanical controls migrate to soft keys, it's a huge loss. When MY2025 comes I'm going to be seriously torn. "Upgrade" or keep my 2020 with the real key? If it's the last MY with an ICE, it will be a no-brainer. If it's the last Raptor, again, no-brainer. But if the ICE Raptor is to continue on for one last generation? I might wait.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I like big things and I like to push buttons, so I'm somewhere in the middle on this debate .

Better is definitely a loaded personal preference
It is more flexible and upgradable. It opens the door to algos managing more functions that folks have to manually adjust today.

I don't think that's entirely true. Look at temperature settings for example, it's all software whether you turn the knob or press virtual buttons on the screen. Same result, and they work together. If Ford came out with some new way to change temp automatically based on time of day or whatever, and pushed it out via firmware upgrade, it would not matter if you had a dial or just a screen. Granted, you may not the screen to control the new feature, but that's not a reason to remove the dial

But it definitely has an adjustment curve. And the simple manual tasks that the software is trending toward attempting to automate almost always take longer.
Is that better, I don’t really know it will depend on the implementation. I do know that the current version used on the lightning and the expeditions isn’t particularly loved.

To me it comes down to this. Would you rather feel like you're driving the Enterprise or the Millennium Falcon?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Front bumper has better clearance and also has sensors between the fogs.

1674062364969.pngford-f-150-raptor-r-front-view-refresh-spy-photo.jpg

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if current owners will be able to add this bumper. I have serious FOMO! I just got my ‘23, also! Maybe I should have held out.
I'm right there with you. I love my 22 but dammit man... I've only had it 4 months and there's already gonna be a new one. haha. Unless the interior is upgraded ill hold onto mine.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. I love my 22 but dammit man... I've only had it 4 months and there's already gonna be a new one. haha. Unless the interior is upgraded ill hold onto mine.
I know. My only issue is, you’ll take a loss no matter how you cut it. I know the value on these holds, but the bottom line is, unless you get lucky, you’ll still lose money. And, I’m guessing this refresh will come with price increase. I could be wrong though. What do I know.