YAAY Me! Decided to Join the Cam Phaser Rattle Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19' Model purchased new. 41.5k miles. Just recently started rattling after not running for a couple of hours or overnight. Doesn't always do it, but most of the time it does. Not sure how Ford is handling these now...cam phaser replacement, software update, head replacement. Seems they're all over the place.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club, member 16789 has been assigned to you. Call a good dealer, let them fix it and forget about it and continue driving happy.
Yea I'm not worried about...knew my day would come eventually. I'm in this truck for the long haul...love it despite some of the issues. Placed a call to the dealer earlier, just waiting for a call back.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contacted the dealer. They told me that they will flash the new program, keep over night and see if the rattle returns. If it does(I'm sure it will) then they will get approval for the phaser replacement.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This pure speculation. Oil change miles is good at 5000 mi. But I have been noticing a correlation with phaser issues and start stop usage and extended oil changes over 5000 miles. Like I said pure speculation.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This pure speculation. Oil change miles is good at 5000 mi. But I have been noticing a correlation with phaser issues and start stop usage and extended oil changes over 5000 miles. Like I said pure speculation.
It’s possible, but I’ve read there’s also some head design issues possibly causing it as well.