YAAY Me! Decided to Join the Cam Phaser Rattle Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptized19

Reaction score
So, does Ford have a repair for this yet? Im ready to take mine back to complain about the morning rattle. You know that dry start/rattle is sending metal shavings throughout our motors which is not good at all no matter the type of oil used. I use the Ford full synthetic for what its worth.

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped my truck at the dealer last night for 0730 appt this am. Cold starts have gotten really bad over the last 6 weeks.

UPDATE: Confirmed - Cam Phaser replacement scheduled for first week of November (two engine replacements scheduled ahead of me). In the meantime, guess I will get new tires so it passes inspection. Thinking Grabber ATX...

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, does Ford have a repair for this yet? Im ready to take mine back to complain about the morning rattle. You know that dry start/rattle is sending metal shavings throughout our motors which is not good at all no matter the type of oil used. I use the Ford full synthetic for what its worth.
That is not the case at all. It’s not a “dry start”; the noise is the cam phasers oscillating due to not locking properly on the last engine shutdown. There are no metal shavings going through the engine.

Ford has had a fix for the issue for over a year. There is a TSB that includes redesigned parts.